How far will the ironborn get?

If that horn really work, they'll go far

If it's just a fake thing to scare people, they'll fall before conquering the main land of Westeros

The Iron Born are strong in the sea, but they are week to battle in the lands.

dont think its fake, eureon didnt kill his brother ust for the seastone chair.

Usefulness is not admiration.

The Mountain was useful to Tywin. Tywin did not admire him. Nor did anyone else.

I am pretty much done with the idiotic game of pretending the Ironborn are no worse than anyone else. It is completely circular, the same conversation over and over, brought up to disrupt discussions on where the IB are headed and why. They have a fucked up value system. Deal with it. Noone ever said the Mountain does not also have a fucked up value system, but that is a totally pointless discu

:cheers:

I've come to the conclusion that the reason behind defenses of the IB, the Frey's, LF, etc. and arguments they're not all bad, is because a. the defenders like starting an argument which I can get or b. they secretly espouse the fucked up values of those characters and like bullying, cruelty, back-stabbing, but want to justify it.

If that horn really work, they'll go far

If it's just a fake thing to scare people, they'll fall before conquering the main land of Westeros

The Iron Born are strong in the sea, but they are week to battle in the lands.

My guess is that it will work, but that Moqorro and Marwyn (who seem to both be on the Cinnamon Wind team) will find a way to counter the effect eventually, resulting in the death of Victarion. Then Dany will commandeer the Iron Fleet.

It also remains to be seen how much the IB, and specifically the several factions of them that are now scattered, will work together for one cause. The main tentacles are Euron in Oldtown, Victarion in Essos, Asha/Theon in the North, and then the various scattered forces in the Shield islands, the iron islands, and the stepstones. We also have Damphair doing whatever it is he is doing amongst the iron born.

Each faction has their own potential for failure or success, and they may or may not end up working towards the same goal. Its pretty unlikely that all of the factions will continue to succeed with "getting there", but it is possible one or the other has some success as they go. We also don't know what Euron's overall game plan is. If he really is just out there to sew chaos and sorrow, then he doesn't care if anyone is working in concert towards and end goal, he is happy as long as each of his underlings inflicts as much pain as possible. But until we know what Euron's overall plan is, and then if we can figure out how loyal any of his followers will remain, we will have no way of guessing the future success of the IB.

Archived