Is Aegon the rightful heir?

Totally agree with the above post about people and their faves, hell i don't even want any of mine as sitting the throne so don't matter to em

But Do people forget Illyrio is banned from Westeros for some reason? I recall this, idk if its showcanon or bookcanon but I recall something along the likes of calling Illyrio an exile when he's brought up to someone in Westeros, we know he was a bravo but when Varys was called to court why wouldn't Illyrio come with him? Mayhaps he supported the Targs so the new regime banned him? It could have NOTHING to do with being a blackfyre, but just wanting to conduct business that would make him and Varys high lords or some crap under the new regime they helped install

So under that context Aegon could be really Aegon. I'm glad he showed, I didn't want Jon being forced into it if R+L is a thing. Dany could have it, I'm sure shell make it to Westeros but as others think, I have a feeling she's going to fall fighting the Others

Also to people who don't believe Varys and Illyrio couldn't recover the eggs if they didn't hatch, you do realize their first profession was stealing things from Thief's and selling them back to their owners? I'm sure they could do it again, with loads more power and experience.

How about the fact that the golden company's mission is to put a blackfyre on the throne...they have been fighting against the targs for years but they suddenly decide to change sides

Not "suddenly". The last BF was defeated and killed around 50 years before the events of GoT. Even though many of them came from families who fought on the BF side and lost everything to that, they only want to return home rather than fight for a cause they probably don't feel as their own. And in the GC there are also men who aren't even from Westeros. What do they care about BF pretensions of the colour of the Dragon? As much, they want money and lands, and that's what many of them are going to have.

Much of opposition to aegon comes from the fact that now he's an obstacle in the paths of daenerys, stannis and even jon. I've heard arguments as preposterous as GRRM only introducing him now to satiate the misogynist readers who don't want a woman on the throne. Personally I think his role and legitimacy are debatable but any attempt to have a reasonable debate are negated when people get ovrr passionate about their favs and stop making sense

:agree:

And most of the people who support him being real, do so because for some reason they think Varys can do no wrong. Just because he pretended to be nice to Tyrion and Ned, he is supposed to be one of the few good guys in the series.

I really do not see any way around it, by law Aegon deserves the throne.

Aegon's heritage doesn't change the fact that every lord in Westeros swore fealty to King Robert, who solidified his legitimacy through over fifteen years of peaceful rule. Royal families are deposed all the time, that's life. If Aegon is the rightful king of Westeros, then Franz is the rightful king of England and Scotland.

Stannis is the rightful heir by all the laws of gods and men.

Archived