Arryn connections

Hippocras

The reason the sociopath profile fits better than the spurned lover profile is because he shows a lack of empathy and remorse towards EVERYONE and not just towards those who he feels did him wrong. He clearly enjoys manipulating people and seeks admiration for his cleverness.

In GoT in the first chapter where we meet LF we see his reaction to having insulted and inconvenienced Catelyn, and she provides a background story that is very telling.

He ALWAYS even as a boy, had that look of pretending to be sorry while feeling no remorse at all and she says so. This lack of remorse was not something that came later as a result of losing Catelyn. It was inate, and that is proven.

I'll only quote this since the other post is a lot.longer. Its very presumptuous to say people are BORN sociopaths. Psychologists constantly debate the influences of Nature (i.e. biological factors such as genetics, brain structure, hormones etc) and Nurture (environmental influences such as upbringing, life experiences etc). So it is still poissible (and IMO likely) that LF did.love Catelyn, and his sociopathic ways developed as a result of what happened because of that.

Regarding the duel: maybe I am.misremembering, but doesnt LF become.uncomfortable when Ned mentions the duel? I might ne wrong on that count though. AndbI'm unsure what you mean by saying LF helped spread knowledge of the duel. What gave you that impression? Finally, what do you make of his saying "Only Cat" as Lysa died? Surely if he hadnt loved Catelyn, there was no need to say that?

It is not presumptuous at all. It is proven by neurological research. It is an innate, not an acquired condition.

No, it was in fact LF who brought up the duel, and he did it in the context of trading veiled insults and threats at Ned's first small council meeting. He was portrayed as very much enjoying the exchange, and giving a vibe of intellectual sense of superiority.

Well he didn't have a head injury. And in the case of abusive parenting we can rule that out too.

I am not so sure it is about genetics, but it is innate. An actual physical problem with the brain either because of impaired childhood development (abuse), head injury, or environmental damage to the fetus or young child.

Well he didn't have a head injury. And in the case of abusive parenting we can rule that out too.

I am not so sure it is about genetics, but it is innate. An actual physical problem with the brain either because of impaired childhood development (abuse), head injury, or environmental damage to the fetus or young child.

Genetics is just about the only thing that can be innate to a human. Everything else is external or environmental.

Anyway, Catelyn's first encounter of the books with LF, his lack of remorse, and her memories of the same feigned, insincere remorse when he was a child shows that his sociopathic tendencies did not start after the duel and his loss of Catelyn, but long before that.

See GoT, Catelyn POV, her arrival in KL and meeting with LF.

• 2 months later...

Now that we have access to a more complete Stark family tree, a little bit of light has been shed on this topic - though not much, because the topic really needs a detailed Tully family tree much more.

Still, we know that Sansa has strong family links to the Royces. Royce brides married Starks twice in the past century, and on top of that a Stark bride married a Royce. Depending on Royce links to the Arryns, this gives Sansa at least a remote claim on the Vale on her father's side.

It is her mother's side I am most curious about though.

Archived