Do you think Sansa's proposed marriage to Harrold Hardyng will happen?

Magnar of Fens

I think Sansa's marriage to Tyrion will play a big part in events to come. It won't just be shrugged off and ignored. It could be used in different ways though. Sansa might still marry Harry as either Sansa or Alayne.

However, I think that will be some scene when Tyrion returns to Westeros where they meet, and there's some uncomfortable moment when Sansa has to introduce Tyrion to her lover/husband as also her husband. That's too good of an opportunity to pass up.

I'd like to see that scene. I think you are spot on, but Tyrion is both LF's and Sansa's card for postponement of further arc. It will be interesting to see how all the players play their cards.

Well, if the supposed Aegon is a Blackfyre, then Harry must be the real Aegon.

Why does everyone suppose Aegon is fake? Because of the prophecy that says Dany should not trust him? I never read anything that would convince me that he is indeed a fake. At least the boy believes he is the real thing or he's the best mummer in Westeros.

Why does everyone suppose Aegon is fake? Because of the prophecy that says Dany should not trust him? I never read anything that would convince me that he is indeed a fake. At least the boy believes he is the real thing or he's the best mummer in Westeros.

Yes he has been told he is prince Aegon his whole life. However the ones who told him are quite possibly lying. The switch story has far too many problems with it.

Yes he has been told he is prince Aegon his whole life. However the ones who told him are quite possibly lying. The switch story has far too many problems with it.

I really don't see any problems. And I equally do not see what evidence does the book provide that would lead me to believe in Aegon being fake? I'd love someone to give me solid textually based arguments to the contrary. There are too many gaps, mysteries, unsolved prophecies in ASOIAF already. Why would GRRM introduce another one? I'm really opened to fAegon suggestion. I just don't see any evidence to back it up.

I really don't see any problems. And I equally do not see what evidence does the book provide that would lead me to believe in Aegon being fake? I'd love someone to give me solid textually based arguments to the contrary. There are too many gaps, mysteries, unsolved prophecies in ASOIAF already. Why would GRRM introduce another one? I'm really opened to fAegon suggestion. I just don't see any evidence to back it up.

It's like that whole Syrio-debate, there is scarce evidence either way. Readers can debate it endlessly and it's one of these mysteries that may never be revealed.

No, it won't. Sansa will end up with Tyrion. She'll realize at some point that even though he's a Lannister that he will be honest with her and not turn on her. Tyrion wanted to return Ice to the Starks. The symbolism of the TWO swords which now have red and grey mixed together in a unique way is that one will eventually go back to Winterfell and one will stay in Casterly Rock with Sansa's son by Tyrion. Tyrion is smart enough to figure out that she's with LF.

No, it won't. Sansa will end up with Tyrion. She'll realize at some point that even though he's a Lannister that he will be honest with her and not turn on her. Tyrion wanted to return Ice to the Starks. The symbolism of the TWO swords which now have red and grey mixed together in a unique way is that one will eventually go back to Winterfell and one will stay in Casterly Rock with Sansa's son by Tyrion. Tyrion is smart enough to figure out that she's with LF.

Yes, the fate of Sansa's "thrwad" is still an open question.....

Ha ha. Typo.

As for Sansa I agree with the post above. I really think the most likely scenario is she ends up back with Tyrion. But, both of them have some personal growing to do first. Likely some more serious trials for Sansa are ahead, as well as more messes to extract himself from for Tyrion.

In the meantime, marriage to Harry is not even possible as long as Tyrion is alive or the previous marriage is not annulled. Annulment probably would need to happen in KL - I don't think regular septons have that power. Writing to KL to request the annulment is obviously not an option for LF for the time being and possibly never, and would probably involve Sansa's cooperation which she may not provide.

So even if there is no strong love between the two right now, Sansa will stay married to Tyrion. Genuinely appreciating him on the other hand depends on what happens to both of them next.

I'm not convinced Sansa's marriage to Tyrion will stand up.

1. It was never consummated.

2. It was arranged without the approval of Robb.

3. It was performed by a septon in a sept instead of in front of a heart tree.

Interesting points, but Sansa follows the new gods so would not see it that way, and while being unconsummated is grounds for annulment, the annulment still would have to take place. And as I outlined above, that would be hard to do. It would require the involvement of King's Landing.

Also since I rather suspect she will be raped in future, if they inspect her afterwards for virginity to validate annulment, she will not pass the test.

Interesting points, but Sansa follows the new gods so would not see it that way, and while being unconsummated is grounds for annulment, the annulment still would have to take place. And as I outlined above, that would be hard to do. It would require the involvement of King's Landing.

Also since I rather suspect she will be raped in future, if they inspect her afterwards for virginity to validate annulment, she will not pass the test.

Marriages do not need to be approved by a head of the house to be legally valid and Starks accept both old Gods and the new. Marriage has not been consummated, but only Tyrion and/or Sansa know that. As far as everyone else is concerned, the marriage is real. Theoretically, since High Sparrow does not care for the Red Keep, especially Cersei, that marriage could be annulled after examination of Sansa by the silent sisters and her confession. But, that would mean going back to KL, which is at the moment both very dangerous and physically difficult due to bad weather.

Marriages do not need to be approved by a head of the house to be legally valid and Starks accept both old Gods and the new. Marriage has not been consummated, but only Tyrion and/or Sansa know that. As far as everyone else is concerned, the marriage is real. Theoretically, since High Sparrow does not care for the Red Keep, especially Cersei, that marriage could be annulled after examination of Sansa by the silent sisters and her confession. But, that would mean going back to KL, which is at the moment both very dangerous and physically difficult due to bad weather.

And politically impossible

Archived