How many have sailed to Valyria post Doom?

TommenFoolery

I know Tommen II and Gerion Lannister sailed looking for Brightroar, but is anyone else said to have sailed to Valyria besides Euron?

We know the Doom is real and that everyone that stayed there perished. The reason I ask is every person said to have sailed there has never been seen or heard from again, as if the Doom is still very real and the smoking sea swallows anyone who sails near it. Does everyone just think Euron is full of shit?

Does everyone just think Euron is full of shit?

"I sailed the Smoking Sea, and seen Valyria."

"Have you?" the Reader asked, so softly.

Euron's blue smile vanished. "Reader," he said into the quiet, "you would do well to keep your nose in your books."

Euron is definitely full of shit given his reaction to the Reader's probing. He probably got the dragonhorn form the warlocks, and just said he got it in Valyria to build his reputation.

As to the OP's question, Volantis sent a fleet to reclaim Valyria, but like the rest, the fleet was never seen nor heard from again.

"I sailed the Smoking Sea, and seen Valyria."

"Have you?" the Reader asked, so softly.

Euron's blue smile vanished. "Reader," he said into the quiet, "you would do well to keep your nose in your books."

Euron is definitely full of shit given his reaction to the Reader's probing. He probably got the dragonhorn form the warlocks, and just said he got it in Valyria to build his reputation.

As to the OP's question, Volantis sent a fleet to reclaim Valyria, but like the rest, the fleet was never seen nor heard from again.

We're the Warlocks said to have had the dragonhorn? That's news to me as well. I must have missed that.

We're the Warlocks said to have had the dragonhorn? That's news to me as well. I must have missed that.

The warlocks were likely Pyat Pree's group headed towards Pentos to find Dany. They were probably hoping to use the horn to steal her dragons.

The warlocks were likely Pyat Pree's group headed towards Pentos to find Dany. They were probably hoping to use the horn to steal her dragons.

But were are you getting this info that Euron likely got dragonbinder from the Warlocks? Why would the warlocks ever give the horn up? Plus there's no documentation that Euron ever interacted with the warlocks.

But were are you getting this info that Euron likely got dragonbinder from the Warlocks? Why would the warlocks ever give the horn up? Plus there's no documentation that Euron ever interacted with the warlocks.

uhm Euron's Blue lips would disagree with this statement.

Where else did Euron get the horn? he didn't sial to Valyria, and the warlocks wanted to get back at Dany and they most likely wanted her dragons as well. No documentation that he ever interacted with the warlocks? Then what were those warlocks pointed to many times throughout AFfC that Euron has?

Assuming these are the same Warlocks, maybe they are protected by their magic enough that THEY went to Valyria and retrieved the dragonhorn. As to why give it up it's simple...

Euron: Hand it over or die.

Warlocks: It's all yours, boss!

And yes Euron's lips are blue (or purple, which from pink is a step toward turning blue), meaning he's been drinking Shade of the Evening, a drink that the Warlocks of Qarth drink. No one else in the books has been mentioned as drinking it.

Archived