[Book Sooilers] does the mountain

ToTheWolves

Okay so this is actually a question about

Ungregor. I was wondering if ungregor serves any purpose to the plot of the story. Like I've heard people state that lady stoneheart doesn't really serve any purpose to the story or move it forward but that's a whole other topic. I guess what I'm asking is if the mountain had stayed dead would it have change the story at all or! Do you think he will have a part to play?

Sorry if this has been answered or clarified before. I'm just wondering

Surely we don't know yet. It looks as though Robert Strong is going to champion Cersei in her upcoming trial, so there is a clear purpose there. If his true nature is revealed at any point it would further destroy Cersei's image. I do not think the High Septon would like the idea of an undead knight kicking around KL. His existence is just another potential nail in the coffin for Cersei, and by extension, the Lannister regime.

Well, first, his continued survival as the gravedigger is merely speculations at this point (unless there is something in the released chapters, I have decided to not read them, after reading the one Tyrion chapter and just wait for the book). So this could be a mute point, but if he did survive and is the gravedigger, he could play no more of a role then just an example of redemption. I personally feel that him fighting for the faith would be contrary to his story arc, the point of his survival is his coming to peace with his inner demons and laying down the sword. So picking it back up, even to fight for the faith against his undead brother would not really work.

Well, first, his continued survival as the gravedigger is merely speculations at this point (unless there is something in the released chapters, I have decided to not read them, after reading the one Tyrion chapter and just wait for the book). So this could be a mute point, but if he did survive and is the gravedigger, he could play no more of a role then just an example of redemption. I personally feel that him fighting for the faith would be contrary to his story arc, the point of his survival is his coming to peace with his inner demons and laying down the sword. So picking it back up, even to fight for the faith against his undead brother would not really work.

Wrong brother, that's the one who doesn't bash in children's brains and rape their mother right after it.

Okay so this is actually a question about

Ungregor. I was wondering if ungregor serves any purpose to the plot of the story. Like I've heard people state that lady stoneheart doesn't really serve any purpose to the story or move it forward but that's a whole other topic. I guess what I'm asking is if the mountain had stayed dead would it have change the story at all or! Do you think he will have a part to play?

Sorry if this has been answered or clarified before. I'm just wondering

Wights, Stoneheart, and Beric all server to sow doubt in the ultimate deaths of characters like Jon and Gregor. The fact that we have Un-Gregor is Bob Strong theories are because of that

Archived