Why LF's plan to marry Sansa to Harry will not go through.

The Sleeper

I have an idea!!!

What if he is planning on legitimizing Alayne? So she would be the heiress to the Riverlands. Well if the Riverlands is being threatened, what is the vale to do? After LF dies, Harry would rule over the Vale and Riverlands.

I think Peyter is going to use the Vale army to take control of the Riverlands. They are his lands afterall

Just a thought....

So you feel a guy with the imagination to pretend to Sansa that he was responsible for getting Loras into the kingsguard with such elaborate intricacy doesn't have the imagination to plan ahead and actually...do it for real?

No we are not going to agree.

That is your argument? Tormund has a much more colorful imagination. Everyone is Westeros must be dancing to his tune. And of course, because LF says something must be fuckng so. I'm sorry, but your reasoning is circular. You start with a premise that there is a master plan because it's Littlefinger who does it and everything Littlefinger does must be part of his master plan.

2. Well she does hate the Lannisters, here fear might hold her back but after weeks of being the bastard girl she's probably humiliated and haughty enough to be eager for some status, Littlefinger can use that.

A bit late, but I want to dispute this. Sansa was dismayed at first when told that she was to impersonate a bastard, but over time she's determinedly embraced the role and found admirable aspects in it. She pictures and acts out Alayne Stone the bastard as a tougher person than Sansa, specifically because of her illegitimate raising - Sansa might have been afraid of riding a mule down the mountain, but Alayne is "bastard brave" and can handle it. And there's precious little haughtiness in her current comfortable relationship with the Eyrie servants - she's okay with relating to them more as an equal than a superior, and she's happy to gossip with Maddy about Mya's loss of her maidenhood and Lothar Brune's infatuation with her...

Just saying that of all possible motivations for Sansa to want to increase her status, acute humiliation at being thought a bastard doesn't seem to be one of them.

Archived