How screwed is Jon?

JaegrM

I'm not sure, the only "realistic" escape for Jon that I can think of is Val and/or Mel take his body somewhere secret amf use old god and/or red god magic on his body

I don't think he can be resurrected using god magic because he cannot become UnJon. That result does not work. He must be the real Jon for him to be the Son(g) of Ice and Fire--the Prince that was Promised, etc. As Bright Blue Eyes suggests, most likely he will be comatose, not dead, and his body preserved (I think in ice). He will then come out of it, although not necessary as Bright Blue Eyes suggest it being fairly standard. I think he might need some help, perhaps from Bran/BR and a sacrifice (maybe Theon) might be necessary to bring the life force back into his comatose body. But the one thing that seems certain is that he is not dead and will not be dead at any time in book 6.

my main issue with the comatose theory is simply, why would they stop stabbing him before he died?

Two possibilities: (1) someone was coming so they had to run away or (2) incompetence.

But the real answer is plot armor--GRRM needs Jon to be alive.

Might be crackpot, may have been said before, but if R+L=J then he has kings blood. Which is what Mel is all about. Maybe his blood will get into the wall and wake an ice dragon. Maybe Mel can help facilitate that is something. The ice dragon theories are a stretch but they're definitely not impossible.

He's more than likely not dead. Definitely hurt though. He'll heal and be back. Not as unJon, but just Jon. He's got two books to heal and make moves.

...because there is an angry giant, who is friends with Jon, literally in arms reach, and a couple hundred loyal Brothers and wildlings scarcely further.

Yeah, I seriously doubt people would stand around and watch Jon get stabbed to death.

Also, Benioff stated that Jon's leadership skills were important for the series' endgame. That pretty much seals it for me that he will be an important leader, if not THE leader, in the war against the Others.

Yeah, I seriously doubt people would stand around and watch Jon get stabbed to death.

Also, Benioff stated that Jon's leadership skills were important for the series' endgame. That pretty much seals it for me that he will be an important leader, if not THE leader, in the war against the Others.

Yes, he is not just THE leader, he is the story--he is the Son(g) of Ice (Lyanna) and Fire (Rhaegar)--the Prince that was Promised and perhaps AA reborn and the last hero. He is not going to die at the end of book 5/beginning of book 6. He is not going to become UnJon. He must become THE leader, as you indicated. Thus, he must live and be revived. We have quite a few good theories on how this might happen, and I am not sure which is correct (although I have my favorites). But what appears to be absolutely certain is that Jon will live, will be revived as Jon, and eventually will lead the final battle of the series (perhaps sacrificing himself--although I tend to doubt it, but possible), but he cannot die at this point in the story.

Archived