Sam vs the mountian

Jeo

Gregor did have one good quality, he was loyal to his Lord till the very end. I would not say he is a sociopath, he is more like a blood thirsty wild animal, he was no Ramsay, and he respects the authority of his superior, he was always under Tywin's control, and only causes mayhem when unleashed by his Lord.

Never say he would receive the reward of son of the year, if his father or his elder brother is not strong enough to control him, then it is their own fault and the House would be doom anyway with or without him as the second son.

Isn't the Hand's Tourney a counterexample? The last thing Tywin would have wanted is for his bannerman to kill Mace's son, who happened to be extremely popular among the smallfolk as well. But for the Hound...

Gregor did have one good quality, he was loyal to his Lord till the very end. I would not say he is a sociopath, he is more like a blood thirsty wild animal, he was no Ramsay, and he respects the authority of his superior, he was always under Tywin's control, and only causes mayhem when unleashed by his Lord.

Never say he would receive the reward of son of the year, if his father or his elder brother is not strong enough to control him, then it is their own fault and the House would be doom anyway with or without him as the second son.

Well other than murdering his parents, indiscriminately killing and raping people when he doesn't need to, and taking delight in murdering Elia and her children and raping Elia, I would totally agree with you, if any of the other characters in the book thought him like that. Basically the only person who says anything good about him is Tywin, and that's only to say he inspires terror.

The only difference between the Mountain and Ramsay is that the Mountain *might* have a biological condition affecting his behavior and he doesn't have a "bastard" chip on his shoulder.

First of all you are all awful parents. At least Cersei loved her monster.

Of course I like Sam better, but he would be awful. It would be Tytos Lannister all over again. Just think about being a Lord in the Vale or Reach, who would you rather have as one of your bannerman if push came to shove? I would pick the Mountain in a heart beat.

Archived