Hypothetical Situation

Northernmonkey

Everyone loves a good hypothetical, so what about this:

Arianne marries Aegon and is in a good position to take KL. Trystane marries Myrcella. Tommen is assassinated (poisoned by Lady Nym). What happens next?

Technically Myrcella is queen, with Trystane as her king. But Aegon is ready to become king with Arianne as his queen. Who does Doran back?

Aegon to prevent further civil war I imagine, he'd be a more acceptable alternative to the majority of Westeros. Trystanne will probably inherit Dorne so it doesn't become property of the crown and Myrcella either gives up the Rock to another male Lannister (Martyn?) or agress to give it to a second son so the first does not inherit Dorne and the Rock.

I'm not sure I've ever seen this mentioned on the forums, but when Doran "reveals his plans" to the sand snakes after Balon Swanns arrival he tells them that Quentyn was to be killed on his way north, attacked by some rogues shouting half man. Now Doran has sent 2 sand snakes with Myrcella, but this attack is still suppose to happen. I believe Myrcella will die in this attack and when the Dornish party gets to KL Cersei will have no 1 to blame but herself.

Edit: Just want to specify that I don't think her death will be accidental, but on Dorans orders, as it was Dorans orders when Darkstar attacked her.

I'm not sure I've ever seen this mentioned on the forums, but when Doran "reveals his plans" to the sand snakes after Balon Swanns arrival he tells them that Quentyn was to be killed on his way north, attacked by some rogues shouting half man. Now Doran has sent 2 sand snakes with Myrcella, but this attack is still suppose to happen. I believe Myrcella will die in this attack and when the Dornish party gets to KL Cersei will have no 1 to blame but herself.

Edit: Just want to specify that I don't think her death will be accidental, but on Dorans orders, as it was Dorans orders when Darkstar attacked her.

That's interesting actually. If he's planning to ally with Aegon then it makes sense to have the heir to the throne killed, and if he did it right then it would be the perfect place. But surely some of Cersei's goons would report back to her with the truth?

That's interesting actually. If he's planning to ally with Aegon then it makes sense to have the heir to the throne killed, and if he did it right then it would be the perfect place. But surely some of Cersei's goons would report back to her with the truth?

But who can say where a stray arrow came from, and surely at least some of the assailants would be killed and the blame placed on them specifically. It seems to me if you know someone is planning on attacking you somewhere killing your son that your going to flip that on them in some way.

But who can say where a stray arrow came from, and surely at least some of the assailants would be killed and the blame placed on them specifically. It seems to me if you know someone is planning on attacking you somewhere killing your son that your going to flip that on them in some way.

Yeah I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's what happens. So if you think Doran ordered the original attack on Myrcella I assume you think it was Darkstar who was the informer? Wouldn't that have been a dangerous move from Doran to kill Myrcella? Or was the attack meant to fail?

Yeah I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's what happens. So if you think Doran ordered the original attack on Myrcella I assume you think it was Darkstar who was the informer? Wouldn't that have been a dangerous move from Doran to kill Myrcella? Or was the attack meant to fail?

Well GRRM said that Darkstar meant to kill her and that the horse moving at the last minute is the only thing that prevented it and no matter who it was Arthur Dayne, Jaime Lannister etc it would have happened to all of them.

Originally I was convinced that it had to have been Darkstar who was the informant, but then I realized that we learn of Ariannes other friends punishments from Arianne, not Hotah. This means that info is not totally reliable.

However, it does seem interesting that 20 or so archers and crossbowmen all missed this happening/ missed Darkstar. It would also make perfect sense to me for Doran to buy himself a little more time by sending Balon and Hotah and Obarra off threw the desert to go look for Darkstar, and gives himself plausible deniability on Balons death as well. If something went wrong with killing Myrcella she would also not have any info that Balon was mistreated, and can confirm he was sent after the man who attacked her. Likewise if things change in between Balon and co setting out from Sunspear and arriving at High Hermitage he can simply send a raven saying not to kill Balon. Afterall, there is a large host assembled much closer that Doran could have asked to deal with Darkstar if he wanted to.

Archived