White walkers are Jon's army

Jon_The_Targ

I could see Jon interacting with the Others and learning more about them, but why would he give them control of the North? That'd be unusual.

Exactly. And this is where Sam comes in. He's going to find out what the heck is going on and he'll need to get back to the Wall ASAP to tell Jon what he's found out.

I think it's significant that Jaqen H'gar is trying to track down a book that tells you exactly how to kill a dragon. He and the FM (and the Citadel) want to kill them; Marwyn is going to help Daenerys.

Of course everyone can create their own theory and is allowed to 'see' the story in a different way, but I stick with this.

The only think I would see GRRM do, is pulling of the 'tale about the night's king is true.' The entire serie is about prophecy's and mythes coming alive. I mean, the white walkers themselfs where a myth of some sort. Nobody actually believed they ever excisted, only old Nan had some 'scary stories.' But guess what, it came true. So for me, the most likely is that the tale of the night's king is true.

Come to think of it, the tale about the night's king was that a LC of the NW fell in love with a WW. He after that became the NK. Then, the 'King beyond the wall' (Joramun, now Mance), joined forces with 'The King of the North' (This was Robb, but he probably declared Jon(!) his heir). Together they defeated the Night's King.

I could see this happen, since Jon and Mance already joined forces together (just like Joramun & tKotN at that time). The only thing that is missing for the 'history to repeat' is Jon officially being declared KotN!

And about Joramun. Where does his horn tie into all this? The oath of the NW specifically says that the NIGHT'S WATCH ITSELF is the "horn that wakes the sleepers." Not some mythical horn, although if it does exist as a tangible object, then Sam has it IMO. :)

@ Lady Blizzardborn: Hm, that changes things quite a bit indeed :(. Shame, I liked my little crackpot theory. But still..

It could have been taken out because it just was incorrect. I'm fairly certain D&D are above writing the ep guides themselves, and I am not sure they would share such information as this with the people who do. So for all we know this could be a mistake by an overzealous fan/editor. Yes, I'm a cling'er-on'er to my wacky theories :'). Please don't hurt me.

We all have our pet theories. Some of them will turn out to be true. :D

The actor who played the WW leader/crowned guy was (for a while) listed on IMDB.com as playing Night's King. Of course I don't know when that was posted, and I think IMDB Pro members can edit those things. So it could have been put on there based on the erroneous info in the ep guide. It's been taken down since but was there for several weeks before someone caught it.

Anyway it's fun to speculate on all of this stuff.

We all have our pet theories. Some of them will turn out to be true. :D

The actor who played the WW leader/crowned guy was (for a while) listed on IMDB.com as playing Night's King. Of course I don't know when that was posted, and I think IMDB Pro members can edit those things. So it could have been put on there based on the erroneous info in the ep guide. It's been taken down since but was there for several weeks before someone caught it.

Anyway it's fun to speculate on all of this stuff.

And even being wrong is fun! :D

Archived