Waiting. (The reasons for it)

Ulthosian Stark

As fans of his we playfully jab at him for the waits he puts us through, what if its all for a reason though?

As in the wait has been lengthened by the show for sure, but that may be because he wants to time the endings as close as he can. I know some readers who literally blurt spoilers to unsullied with NO reason, I'm sure everyone, including Grrm doesn't like that.

So we may actually need the info from the dunk and egg tales etc to fully understand the impact of the finish. But with the show its been made much longer as to accommodate them as well.

Wild Cards, Ice Dragon etc hell I wouldn't want to write the same world until I die. That would probably be detrimental to the main series.

Maybe I'm just optimistic in that the wait is going to be worth it and it'll all come together in a crazy bittersweet shitstorm we feel the full effect of

I think that we may end up with a feature film ending for ASOIAF tbh.

Someone has obviously presented the idea to GRRM of holding off the last book, penning a massive 3 hour movie to follow the 8th season and raking in what would likely be a $1B box office gate.

It will be worth it, but I don't know that that is the reason.

The first book was published (or at least my paperback copy was) in 1996. The next two came without too much break but he'd already written a good deal of both because the first three were originally one book that had to be split. If you look at the lag time between ASoS and AFfC, and between AFfC and ADwD, you'll see that taking years to write one book is par for the course. This was the pace before there even was a TV show.

It will be worth it, but I don't know that that is the reason.

The first book was published (or at least my paperback copy was) in 1996. The next two came without too much break but he'd already written a good deal of both because the first three were originally one book that had to be split. If you look at the lag time between ASoS and AFfC, and between AFfC and ADwD, you'll see that taking years to write one book is par for the course. This was the pace before there even was a TV show.

Hardcover was 1996. First paperback was 1997.

I think that we may end up with a feature film ending for ASOIAF tbh.

Someone has obviously presented the idea to GRRM of holding off the last book, penning a massive 3 hour movie to follow the 8th season and raking in what would likely be a $1B box office gate.

I don't know where you get this information? HBO has said that there would be only 7 seasons. There is no reason to believe that a feature film is under consideration. HBO has the rights, and have no reason to do a feature film. They cannot really tell the endgame story in 2.5-3 hours. They have a hard enough time keeping each season to only 10 episodes and getting across all the information they need. And there is a very mixed history of TV shows trying to go to the big screen--mostly negative. Wishful thinking will not change what is going to happen. The HBO show will wrap up after 7 seasons--telling the entire story and getting the ending out there before GRRM can possibly finish the last book. I know that sucks--but we basically have been told that straight up. We better get used to the idea now.

Archived