The men in the north

reddy95

I think we might get the greatjon instead of wyman manderly,rememner,in s3e9 osha and rickon went to the last hearth.

Yeah, it'd be smart for the show to leave out the more convoluted send-Davos-to-Skagos scheme since the show already brought up the Umbers. A Greatjon or another Umber can give an okay version of the Wyman and Wylla show. It might not be as satisfying for the readers, but it might be necessary for the showrunners.

Except the Greatjon should still be in the cells at the twins. Smalljon was killed. But yes I know, we have not actually seen the Greatjon since season 1. Which is a shame.

Somebody in another thread here said something about his actor (Clive Mantle) left the show "not on good terms"; I don't know if it's true, but I read it on one of the other GoT-threads.

What, are you David Benioff or Dan Weiss, or are you psychic?

Let me amend the statement: Theon can have some sort of a story, sure. He can have a story in which his big moment is learning to tie his shoes, or where he spends an entire season yelling: "WHERE IS MY DICK?!!!" Theon, however, cannot have a GOOD story without fArya.

Also, the book story is amazing and would be very easy to do on screen, all they need is a great actor playing Theon, and they have that. You'd have to either be an idiot or deliberately want to undermine the show to decide to change it. Now, I am not going to categorically state that D&D are not idiots, but unlike you, I am giving them the benefit of a doubt and my default assumption is not that they are idiots or that they will always do the stupidest and most counterproductive thing possible, for no reason other than wanting to make stupid, counterproductive decisions.

LOL this tripe again. You haven't been paying attention to the show at all if you think they are going to continue being faithful to the books, when they already stopped being faithful seasons ago.

This has nothing to do with D&D's competence and everything to do with what they can realistically do in the time alloted and under budgetary considerations. For them to reproduce page for page the fArya storyline, they would have to give Theon's arc more than 1/3rd of the 10 hours they have for S5. They have to do TWO BOOKS in S5. It's not gonna happen. Theon will just get a few scenes of whatever original storyline he has before he gets rescued by Stannis.

Did you give them the benefit of the doubt this past season when they cut out Lady Stoneheart, significantly changed several characters' storylines, and killed off characters who are alive in the books?

Archived