help a reader out.

Dead_Stark

Just things kids wouldnt read. Lots of blood and gore and dysentery described as water shit. Not something my ten year old should read. No descriptions of sex I remember if that is what you mean.

I tend to start fantasy and then not like it. i am about three quarters of the way through thw Dragonbone Chair currently based on a recommendation from tjos board and I jave not liked it.

I have not done a thorough survey if that is what you mean. I also brought the compilations that some of the Dunk and Egg stories are in and never read much beyond those.

Also about half through Martin's Dying of the Light and likely will not finish.

Harry Potter was fine but will not reread those.

Fantasy just does not seem to be my thing outside of Martin. Maybe it is my selection, that is why I asked.

I can talk scifi too but not sure that falls into fantasy. I do like that better.

I will try Zelanzy (sp?) Based on these threads.

Thanks.

I am on a smartphone. If scifi counts then my reading cv is as long as many. From everythimg PhillipK Dick wrote up to the recent.

Do you see how I've quoted each of your multiple posts in one post? It's a very useful way of keeping topics uncluttered. If only there was a button that did it for you.

Yeah, that's way too soon to give up on fantasy or decide that it's not for you besides ASOIAF. My recommendation is that you start a recommendations thread asking for recommendations on what to read while waiting for TWoW to come out.

POW! Right in the kisser!

Archived