Jon Snow traveling beyond the Wall again?

It_is_Known_

well, actually after 5 minutes of laying in the dark i went to google and googled for a spoiler on it cause i just wanted to know it, and after that i finished the book.

SPOILER ALERT:

although i want to believe it, i dont find the "spoiler" in this io9 interview too convincing. who isnt familiar: GRRM said he wondered "what Arya's arc gonna be through this, what Jon's arc gonna be through this, what Tyrion's arc gonna be through this". of course, having an arc is pretty tough when you are dead, and he lists Jon with two characters who both are definetly still alive, but nonetheless i am not 100% convinced wether we can take Jon's survival for guaranteed.

I don't think Jon is dead. He's the only one who can gather all those men together. If he's dead what will happen? The NW will fight the wildlings? There are south of the wall now and I doubt they will agree to return north with the WW coming. Their only chance is to stay together and fight and I don't see them doing it without Jon.

There's also Jon's parentage. If he's dead what's the point?

I like the discussion over his wounds. English isn't my my mother tongue (sorry for the mistakes :unsure: ) and I don't get the subtleties at the first reading. That's why I'm re reading the books and reading this forum. It helps a lot!

I don't think Jon is dead. He's the only one who can gather all those men together. If he's dead what will happen? The NW will fight the wildlings? There are south of the wall now and I doubt they will agree to return north with the WW coming. Their only chance is to stay together and fight and I don't see them doing it without Jon.

There's also Jon's parentage. If he's dead what's the point?

I like the discussion over his wounds. English isn't my my mother tongue (sorry for the mistakes :unsure: ) and I don't get the subtleties at the first reading. That's why I'm re reading the books and reading this forum. It helps a lot!

That is the great part about these novels, new things open upon further reading. And your English is well enough, no worries.

Oh and welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Well, after reading about the grand northern conspiration theory i like the idea of jon going north more than before. Maybe he wont be needed to seal the deal in winterfell, so than he could go north, maybe in cooperation with bran, who could communicate with him using his sick abilities.

The only issue I have with Jon going north, is that there is a large army to north that Martin has us believing is evil beyond reckoning. Unless of course Jon is going to somehow usurp the NK's throne and lead them. :dunno:

Also it brings to mind another thread about plot armor. If Jon went north, it would seem like Martin has all the Starks tucked away in relative safety until the final book when they return with a vengeance. It is possible, and if Martin chooses this route I am sure he would do it well. Rickon would be in Skagos, Bran is locked in a tree, AYra in Bravos, and Sansa in the Vale, and Jon theoretically somewhere in the far north.

No no, im not talking about that night king stuff. I think that is beyond ridiculous. Im talking about something like a reconaissance mission. Jon stated to sam that they need more informstions about the others. Where do they come from? Why are they doing what they are doing? Can you talk to them? And so on...

Like lots of the characters, I didn't really start out liking Jon but he as definitely grow into a badass.

His Berserker mode has been mentioned, he trains everyday with Longclaw he's not an administrative type LC. The Wildlings respect him and with his battle prowess will most likely follow him. The ringmail was hinted at as well so I personally think that the whole "fade to black" moment where some thinks he dies. others thinks he goes comatose will really turn out to be a full on Beast Mode trigger (Ghost involved somehow). We've seen how Shaggydog imprints his personality onto Rickon while in opposition Bran imprints his personality onto Summer.

I think there's going to be a lot of 'splainin' to do and some actually might try, like Marsh and his "for the Watch" commentary. It will do them no good, Beast Mode Jon will tear their shit up and probably half of Castle Black to boot.

Also, I think it would be great if he tears up the castle and makes his way to Val in order to sing the Berserker song from Clerks...

No no, im not talking about that night king stuff. I think that is beyond ridiculous. Im talking about something like a reconaissance mission. Jon stated to sam that they need more informstions about the others. Where do they come from? Why are they doing what they are doing? Can you talk to them? And so on...

Haha the only reason I made the NK comment is because the WW's are probably pushing in by now. It was a joke, but that would be an interesting development....

Where they are we have no idea, but for Jon to go out there would seem like a suicide mission. Then again this is Jon we are talking about. He would definitely see the honor in that. But I really think Bran is going to be the one to provide the answers, especially if he is able to see glimpses of the past via the WWT. There is also the case of Benjen. It would be sort of a lazy maneuver, but it would work if Martin used Bran to show us that Benjen is still alive and then have a Benjen pov. Although I believe that Martin stated that no new pov's would be written....but....this is Martin.

Going North accomplishes nothing for Jon. He knows what's up there, he knows it's coming south. He knows he has to prepare, and he knows that he needs Westeros to take heed or they will all be destroyed.

Going South absolutely makes more sense than going North.

Reply I don't think he will travel north until after he travels south. My opinion is that Jon will have a brandon type vision, where he will see that he has to go to the crypts of winterfell. Once he recovers he will enter winterfell and go down into the deepest parts of the crypts and find Lightbringer or a Dragon. I personally believe that either of these is the source of the hot springs in winterfell.

I didn't read the entire thread, but i've always had the feeling that the only way we're seeing the true north is through the warged eyes of one of the direwolves. first contender is obviously summer-bran, but i could also see jon warging into ghost as he dies and disappearing north of the wall

Reply I don't think he will travel north until after he travels south. My opinion is that Jon will have a brandon type vision, where he will see that he has to go to the crypts of winterfell. Once he recovers he will enter winterfell and go down into the deepest parts of the crypts and find Lightbringer or a Dragon. I personally believe that either of these is the source of the hot springs in winterfell.

I'm not sure about Lightbringer or the dragon but you remind me of a dream Jon made in AGoT. He's in Winterfell but the castle is empty. He arrives in front of the doors of the crypts but he doesn't want to go down. He screams that he's not a stark, that it's not his place. But somehow he had to go even if he's afraid...

I don't know if it can tell us something that far in the story… It just made me think of it.

It's probably Bran that will go farther beyond the wall or we'll get a new point of view to take us farther. I highly doubt it, but it could be Tormund he's already going beyond the wall to Halfhome, so maybe he'll go even farther. IF Jon lives I don't think he'll go north he'll probably go south to Ramsay.

To be honest, I don't believe Jon ever died, I think his time in a coma would be just like Brans situation at the beginning, and he will come to grips with his warging abilities, I also feel all the Jon haters are like hipsters! you are all too cool to want a hero type! If the entirety of ASOIAF were to be released at once, and you weren't left in suspense, brooding over his fate, i think the majority of fans would be relieved he pulled through.

I agree. I don't think he died.

There is little point of honing his warg abilities, unless he eventually sits back up. If he just runs around being a wolf, how can he really affect the action?

i dont think Jon is going north of the wall again. i guess Bran will be our eyes and ears. im thrilled wether the clash with the others will be in part 6 or part 7.

I beleive he will go north of the wall again. Perhaps fly on a dragon with his flaming sword he quenched in ghosts heart? Likely the ending of the tale lies north of the wall.

I think most want to overcomplicate the subtle cookie crumb trail Martin has been leaving since the first book....it's not that twisty and turny.

He may die in the final battle but not yet...

It's probably Bran that will go farther beyond the wall or we'll get a new point of view to take us farther. I highly doubt it, but it could be Tormund he's already going beyond the wall to Halfhome, so maybe he'll go even farther. IF Jon lives I don't think he'll go north he'll probably go south to Ramsay.

I totally want to see Jon kick some Bolton ass. He's been so separate from the rest of the characters as he lost his family bit by bit, and I would give anything to see him finally get to play a part.

I totally want to see Jon kick some Bolton ass. He's been so separate from the rest of the characters as he lost his family bit by bit, and I would give anything to see him finally get to play a part.

And I believe you've been good enough that the great Gods of Ass-Kicking are going to grant your wish very soon. :D

Archived