NFL Week3-4: Revenge of the Nerd?

Sivin

Late shift, making me ponder some important questions...

Should John Idzik be fired? This accountant has taken the most pathetic approach to getting rid of Rex Ryan that I can think of. Phil Emery wanted to get rid of Lovie Smith, so what did he do? He fired his ass after a 10 win season, because fuck him. But Idzik can't justify dumping Ryan without sabotaging the entire team. The result is a QB that could start for half the teams in the league playing in the wildcat, and a secondary that's second to none and last to all.

Seriously, what is the obsession with Geno Smith? Why is the best offensive player on the roster wasting away behind a guy who fell out of the first round with the grace of a meteor crashing into the fucking sun? Why is the best member of the secondary the less-talented cousin of LaRon Landry? WHY!?!

Atlanta is still a fucking joke, and I'm still laughing. Getting beat by the Vikings, and with a Ponder sighting, no less? I don't care that he was only in the game after Teddy had it in hand, and I know about the O-line injuries. If you lose while Ponder is on the field, you should be run out of the league.

Pittsburgh lost to Tampa Bay? What a bunch of fucking clowns! I didn't see the game, I haven't watched the highlights, and I don't need to. Fuck off, Pittsburgh.

I love how the farce of an offseason the Raiders orchestrated had all of the talking heads predicting a decent Oakland team, and then this happened. Adding half a dozen over-the-hill veterans for money they couldn't sniff five years ago? What a great fucking plan, no one's ever tried that shit before! Mark Davis is like a fucking scientist.

Hey now, enough with the Ponder bashing. While he's far from a great QB he did lead the Vikings 3 times last year to come from behind late 4th quarter leads that were blown by his defense. If they had started out 5-2 instead of 2-5 Cassel would never have seen the field last year. He got railroaded because our defense was absolutely awful last year.

With that being said it's lucky they did blow those games or they wouldn't have picked up TB, who looked like a veteran back there.

Archived