Diplomacy 4.0: The Midderlands SignUps(( still westeros but midderlands sounds good))

Lord Syv Aldlark

How the map stands: http://i.imgur.com/MDAJbZs.jpg I think I might need to change some color coding in the key but I'll get to that before the first turn.

Also I've been asked twice about the Bloody Gate defensive provisions where any troops in that region that is owned by the same person will act as double. I think with the defensive measures of The Vale already this could be overkill. What does the group think?

And the troop with general limit; Mouse suggested 1000 and this was seconded by Leo; Nox thinks it's good at 1500. Majority vote?

If I don't receive Capital info from you by Friday midnght my time you risk being taken out of the game; families will be by Monday.

I'm for the Bloody Gate defense buff.

And yeah, my vote is for 1500 or more troops requiring a General to move (but I can get on board with 1000 if the majority prefers a lower number).

:agree: This pretty much. If the group decides otherwise, fine, but I like it as is.

I'd go with the 'needs a general' limit as 1500. If it's 1000 then only one size increment army can go around without generals. Better to have the 500 or 1000 option I think.

Since I'm in The Vale already, maybe I'm biased but I think the extra defense of the Bloody Gate is a good idea. It's arguably a much better defensive position than the Prince's Pass where we had that rule previously and that rule never actually came into effect anyway I don't think. The Vale is economically at a fairly significant disadvantage, I don't think that little extra defensive advantage is unreasonable.

Also, can I suggest ditching the Northern Blood trait? Nog already said in the last game he did/would have delayed winter becuase I had that trait. Either we get a situation where nobody picks it and it's pointless or 1/2 people pick it and they get an insane advantage when winter comes, rendering everything that happened before that point pretty meaningless.

I'm for the Bloody Gate defense buff.

And yeah, my vote is for 1500 or more troops requiring a General to move (but I can get on board with 1000 if the majority prefers a lower number).

:agree:

Just throw the Golden Tooth in as well. Yes, I am the closest one to it.

Also, can I suggest ditching the Northern Blood trait? Nog already said in the last game he did/would have delayed winter becuase I had that trait. Either we get a situation where nobody picks it and it's pointless or 1/2 people pick it and they get an insane advantage when winter comes, rendering everything that happened before that point pretty meaningless.

Winters won't be as long this time, it's more a nuisance than an insane disadvantage.

Archived