Diplomacy 4.0: The Midderlands SignUps(( still westeros but midderlands sounds good))

Lord Syv Aldlark

Oh yeah what about the question I posited regarding our draconic friends? ;D

I think 1 in 25 is closer to the mark, or maybe 1 in 20, otherwise it's going to die in a fluke too easily.

When a dragon is new, it's pretty shit, it should die quite easily. As it ages and grows in strength and armour, the chance to kill it should get harder...until it reaches some max number at 'fully grown'.

When a dragon is new, it's pretty shit, it should die quite easily. As it ages and grows in strength and armour, the chance to kill it should get harder...until it reaches some max number at 'fully grown'.

Syv will like that idea, he can probably come up with something, as I agree a dragon shouldn't be insta-win as it is now

Folks a dude quit at work so I just had about 15 hours added to my weekend thus family deadline has been pushed to Tuesday.. Also rule stuff I will get to :P

No worries buddy, I think I'm gonna take a crack at some naval traits too since this game will have a lot of naval battles I reckon.

Hello

Lord Syv Aldlark

You should be able to PM me now. I posted in the introduction forum to introduce myself.

Also, I have a question. I didn't see anything mentioning spies. Do you think this may be implemented?

One year turns and you are still looking at 18 turns since babies take 2 years anyway. Also with the sizes of some of the families I'm receiving aging everyone every single turn right now would be going down and changing around 100 lines and that's with out every family yet.

Also to the Dragon thing. You have to win a grand tourney, taken to 4 places on the map(4 turns), tyrosh(3 turns), 25/25 and costs 2/2 a turn to maintain. And a sacrifice.. it's pretty balanced. I could say up the maintenance cost.. but as of right now the earliest anyone could get a dragon is turn 9 and there is plenty of opportunity to stop it. If it becomes to easy to kill there is no reward to getting one.

Thought before work: we could change some of the general traits perhaps so a general with certain traits has a higher chance of killing a dragon.

Dobomir: I won't be able to get on computer until later tonight most likely. But you'll be getting the byford group on the map. Byford, and the two plots north of it of you want to start looking at your capital idea and send me a pm titled Diplomacy: Dobomir.

Also thoughts on the golden tooth compromise?

Dragons don't pop into existance all Angaclon the Black, they're the size of kittens. It can't be tough to kill in the first years of its life. Dani's are three now? And getting to the dangerous point, but still doable in by sufficient bravery?

Dragons don't pop into existance all Angaclon the Black, they're the size of kittens. It can't be tough to kill in the first years of its life. Dani's are three now? And getting to the dangerous point, but still doable in by sufficient bravery?

I'd agree, dragons should be much more vulnerable when they're young.

Meh, I understand the problem with updating all the ages. Not my favorite solution, but it will serve.

Also thoughts on the golden tooth compromise?

I'm all for it. Of couse, I am definitely biased.

Sure, but that's too complicated for a non-PC game.

One year turns and you are still looking at 18 turns since babies take 2 years anyway. Also with the sizes of some of the families I'm receiving aging everyone every single turn right now would be going down and changing around 100 lines and that's with out every family yet.

Just a thought on that. If you keep everyone's characters in a spreadsheet you can easily solve this. Make a column for age and have the cell be =baseageofcharacter+someothercell

Then you simple have to increment some other cell by 1 each time you want to change all the ages.

Sure, but that's too complicated for a non-PC game.

Just decide when a Dragon is 'fully grown' and at the height of the strength it can achieve, say five years?

If one wishes to be book accurate, it should just get stronger and stronger, which should make the person with the dragon a deadly threat.

Year 1; kitten weak

year 2; small dog size, taking it for a stroll round the shops

year 3; pony, can ride it up ad down, whoooo

year 4; feed him some peasants

year 5, har-har! These nobles taste nice! :D

And I meant Ancalagon The Black up there but had forgotten how to spell it. :D

Archived