Laws of Succession Endgame

DireNorthWolf

Aegon conquers and takes Myrcella as his Queen to appease the other Houses, especially Tyrell as Margery would be unsuitable at this point for a third go around as she may be pregnant with Tommen's heir at the most, or slept with him at the least. This also puts someone in sympathetic to Dorne without being Dornish as Myrcella lived there. The Tyrells think they have a link in her through blood which gives them hope for survival. The Dornes start stacking the deck on Small Council and in Kings landing to ensure they get repaid for putting Aegon on throne, similar to how Tyrells did. Aegon is murdered by a faceless man (arya?) and Myrc becomes Queen as Dornish laws are now law of the land. After Myrc meets her end there must be a matter of succession, Aegon had no heirs so it goes through her Baratheon's (presumably extinct by then) and then lannister lines. The only eligible lannister left with an heir will be tyrion and his heir is Sansa.

Aegon conquers and takes Myrcella as his Queen to appease the other Houses, especially Tyrell as Margery would be unsuitable at this point for a third go around as she may be pregnant with Tommen's heir at the most, or slept with him at the least. This also puts someone in sympathetic to Dorne without being Dornish as Myrcella lived there. The Tyrells think they have a link in her through blood which gives them hope for survival. The Dornes start stacking the deck on Small Council and in Kings landing to ensure they get repaid for putting Aegon on throne, similar to how Tyrells did. Aegon is murdered by a faceless man (arya?) and Myrc becomes Queen as Dornish laws are now law of the land. After Myrc meets her end there must be a matter of succession, Aegon had no heirs so it goes through her Baratheon's (presumably extinct by then) and then lannister lines. The only eligible lannister left with an heir will be tyrion and his heir is Sansa.

That doesn't make sense at all. I am sure that Martells will be so happy with having a Lannister Queen.

In any case a Queen Consort cannot pass the Crown to her relatives. Only a Queen Regnant can do that. If Myrc is a Queen Consort she has no right to the Throne.

Then who would inherit hypothetically since Aegon had no family and both are dead? There must be a royal succession. I'm counting on Littlefinger to manipulate the rules to his advantage.

Martell's like Myrc, and I believe Oberyns sentiment on that. She's generally seen as meek and pliable so it makes political sense to make the move that appeases the two dominant houses you need in the fold (Tyrells for food and money and Martell to pay back winning throne)

Then who would inherit hypothetically since Aegon had no family and both are dead? There must be a royal succession. I'm counting on Littlefinger to manipulate the rules to his advantage.

Martell's like Myrc, and I believe Oberyns sentiment on that. She's generally seen as meek and pliable so it makes political sense to make the move that appeases the two dominant houses you need in the fold (Tyrells for food and money and Martell to pay back winning throne)

Ok this is getting way to fanfiction.

But anyway, a Queen consort cannot pass the claim to her paternal family. Her role is ceremonial and is only about making babies. Her power comes from her husband and then from her husband's children. If this fanfiction happens then Doran and Trystane are next.

direnorthwolf are you just messing with them cause i honestly don't see how you can't get the concept that sansa does not have baratheon blood and her marriage into a house, lannister, that married into the throne, baratheon, does not give her a claim to the IT. she might have a claim through her stark blood if the targs married the starks awhile ago. If tommen dies and myrcella dies stannis wou;d have the best claim, but most likely the fate of the IT will be achieved by conquest

Assuming that Stannis and Shireen are dead/disinherited/banished, there are a few options. A Great Council can legitimize a Baratheon bastard. Edric Storm would be the obvious choice. He's noble on both sides and nobly bred, which might be even more important. Other options would be Gendry, Mya, and the others, none of which are particularly attractive from a ruling perspective.

Another option is go to back and figure out who is most closely related (and acceptable). They can drive back into the Baratheon and/or Targ family trees, targs being the more obvious choice since the Baratheons partially claimed the throne based on their Targ lineage. Either way, the IT is probably going to be taken by force.

Last choice is just taking the throne by force and/or popular support. This option is probably the most likely but also the most likely to splinter the 7K into multiple kingdoms.

If your last name is, or was, Lannister, you have no claim to the throne.

Except by conquest, but if you want to hold it you will have to exterminate anyone and everyone who is, or might possibly be, or who might be passed off as, a Baratheon or a Targaryen.

If your last name is, or was, Lannister, you do not inherit the throne, no matter who dies.

Except maybe if you are the last human on planetos.

Archived