Course of action for humanity, and the adults of tomorrow.

Tellus Explorer

So a permanent underclass of under qualified people? That's one way to get people to stop buying things I guess :P

Well, self-subsistence will likely increase. So more localization, less internet usage.

An alternative scenario is people can connect with AIs, so amplified intelligence instead of artificial intelligence. This might save chunks of the workforce...though I kinda suspect the contraction will happen before amplified intelligence becomes viable.

All this will happen gradually, so really we don't for sure what the impact will be.

Or in the words of my next tattoo "YOUR NOT YOUR FUCKING KHAKIS"

I still have to read your whole post in detail.... but just curious..... your tattoo doesn't really say 'Your' for 'You are = You're' does it?

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/b4/d3/b4d39b2962f7e7ac23159684cd651356.jpg?itok=gcsr8lPP

:smug:

I still have to read your whole post in detail.... but just curious..... your tattoo doesn't really say 'Your' for 'You are = You're' does it?

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/b4/d3/b4d39b2962f7e7ac23159684cd651356.jpg?itok=gcsr8lPP

:smug:

Oh the grammar nazis haha I don't have the tattoo yet! Hence why I said my next tattoo haha. It was a long post I start to mess up towards the ends since my phone freezes when I try to type too long a post. That would be hilarious though.

Um...this seems like the most natural kid shit ever, it's not alien because new words like Facebook and like are used. I mean, I've heard some interesting talk about what social networking can do to people but this seems relatively mild.

You mean happiness that comes from your friends, like the ones on FB :P

As for materialism...good luck, no one is getting smarter, nothing is changing.

Ohh I don't even want to get into the worse part of it. My cousins locker at high school was right next to that girl who sucked on her own condom just to become an internet fling. I just...can't...not....hate

These kids I know have friends and family, all as far as I know are supportive and they are happy. So, if your friends will tell you they like something in real life, and then don't online, you think its typical kid stuff to flip out over it?? No it isnt, and it shouldn't be.

There is one lesson pertaining to this that getting lost in time; How many friends you have on Facebook or likes or whatever on any social networking site DOESNT MATTER AT ALL. My generation didn't know what social media was until we were teens, and none of us got upset over lack of likes etc in a virtual world. Only cared about real life. The line is blurring and now kids think it actually MATTERS. Like your worth as a person is boosted with the amount of friend count and like count. I've written a few essays for school on this very subject and can get much deeper if you'd like.

Social Media also promotes bullying. Not directly of course, but everyone wants to feel more like part of the bigger whole, so they pick on anyone who doesn't fit in. Ive read too many articles of teen suicide that was promoted by mainly internet bullying. And it all links back to materialism.

Like is not a new word btw, people have been telling each other they like this or that for quite a while haha

I can safely say if I become any more jaded my skin will be green, but I still hold hope people can change from a life of destructive materialism to essential materialism. As in no, you don't need that new shirt, you have plenty that work just fine. So you don't get it. Shirt can be exchanged with any number of things and you see why its fucked up.

But you get it anyway, since you want it, and because it looks cool. Your WHIMS support all the terrible shit, the unsafe working conditions, underpaid and overworked child laborers that are taking jobs away from people who in many countries would be treated fairly. You also wouldn't be being so badly swindled whenever you got something new and useless. Ripped off, hoodwinked, hustled etc that's all materialism gets you.

You also get a temporary sense of self fulfillment, because you've been told by the media your whole life that you need these useless non essential items. People can be as addicted to shopping for useless crap as crack or gambling.

I do hope we can change, if not completely then at least cut the shit with the child labor. also cut the shit with brainwashing the young into thinking its okay, ESPECIALLY young girls.

Archived