The Ultimate Irony: Sansa & Tyrion

Queen.Sansa.Lannister

I'm beginning to think that people are thinking he didn't have any right to have inflicted his ugliness on her, but that implies that she didn't deserve it but whoever else Tywin lined up for him did.

Exactly

There is an outrage that Tyrion married Sansa.

Would there be the same outrage if he had married Lollys? Do you seriously think Lollys would have wanted him after what she had gone through? Or did Lollys want Bronn, where are the hundred threads about that? But no, Lollys is fat and dumb, she deserves no fandom infatuation. She is not worth identification and fandom protection from the evil plans the author might have for her.

Is a wrong done to Sansa worth all that outrage while Lollys is a sidenote because she is no trophy wife that invites fandom to love her? Would the immoral act of marrying a bride forced upon Tyrion even be a sidenote in these forums if she were some Lord's daughter of average attractiveness, a few pimples, mousy hair and a cute smile? And not the radiant heroine some fans have adopted as the female character who is most deserving of a romantic storyline?

She has me confused as a character - where to place her in the scheme of things.

Her wolf is dead and she has been floating on the side of politics forever, without really choosing a side. I find her insanely boring to read but intriguing because of just where she fits into the plot at the same time.

Sansa has not been really boring, none of Martin's characters is. But there may have been, at least in the books we now have, many characters who simply appear more interesting, at least to me.

I think she is definitely about to get a lot less boring.

I don't find her boring, though. Most of her story is an internal one, as opposed to ones like Catelyn's or Ned's, which were mostly concerned with outside events.

Yes, I am sure that at some point I will find Sansa really interesting, even the hints the show gives are promising.

But if it were the internal aspect of Sansa's story - then why do the same fans not love Tyrion as well? I mean, his story has about the biggest dichtonomy of inside and outside, see his thoughts nearly dying after Blackwater, his Rhoyne travelogues and so on. He is the observer internally explaining so much to us about Westerosi history and present situation. It is actually the character Tyrion whose internal personality differs most from what he shows as outside action to us readers and what he himself presents in-story to his environment.

But I guess, Queen Sansa Lannister, you are the wrong address for my bafflement since you are genuinely interested in the literary character of Tyrion.

Archived