How would you like Dany to meet Jon?

Shadow Cat 75

I am with the people who think that there wont be an confirmation of "that gux is the chosen one".

But that is not even really needed.

I personally dont have a favorite version of how they meet, im just really pumped to see it.

Dany and Jon just meeting formally and talking about terms of fighting the others/the North's relationdhip with the realm would sure be cool.

But an exiled Jon going to Essos and joining Dany in order to bring revenge down on the Ones that killed his family would be awesome, too.

Or Jon killing Dany in battle as she leads her armies against a reunited, independent North in order to get back everything her family once owned just to get butchered by an northern ambush in a brutal snowstorm.

There are just do many cool possibilities.

I really like this, my only issue is at first is that I can't see Jon leaving the frontlines in a war, however it would be key to any victory that they get Dragon glass to defeat the others and I can't think of another place where they could get so much Dragon glass so easy, so that could explain why Jon would lead the assault. My only change would be, that Jon draws Dawn instead of Longclaw, since I think it is light bringer and Barriston the Bold recognizes it.

I did say he had two swords. :cool4:

I see Jon gaining another sword before series end to represent his change from Neds bastard, to something else(what ever it might be).

Top contenders include Dark sister and Dawn.

That said, I don't see him so swiftly dropping Longclaw as it was his gift from Joer. It will likely stay around in some form till it meets Jorah once more.

Whether there's confirmation of the 'ice' and 'fire' or not, Jon is still ice AND fire, and that will be confirmed.

I agree that R + L = J of course, but IMO different characters fit various parts of prophecies of Ice and fire to varying degrees. After the fact, some scholars will believe Jon was tptwp/Aa/LH/Stmtw, others Dany, maybe others Stannis, or depending what happens, Bran, or Victarion, or Jaime.

I did say he had two swords. :cool4:

I see Jon gaining another sword before series end to represent his change from Neds bastard, to something else(what ever it might be).

Top contenders include Dark sister and Dawn.

That said, I don't see him so swiftly dropping Longclaw as it was his gift from Joer. It will likely stay around in some form till it meets Jorah once more.

Sorry about that, I must have missed that. I personally think Longclaw will become the new Stark Family Sword by the end of the series.

Because it is in direct violation of his vows. And by trusting her and sanctioning her plan, he gets the NW involved with the Boltons when they have more important things to worry about.

Look, my original point was, when has Jon ever done anything wrong? By that, I meant a moral sin. Yes, he violated his vows and that can be considered a bad thing. One might even argue it is stupid, as you say because of the Boltons. However, it's his little sister, for damn. I would have done the same thing. And nor is this a "moral sin" as to what I originally referred to. People roll their eyes when I ask where did Jon do something bad, and the best they can come up with are violations of his vows to save his sister or little baby boys. And then, we get people comparing these "great sins" Jon did to things like mass murder in Essos! Try harder.

You're focussing on the bad with no reference to the good in regards to Dany- it's just as biased as refusing to acknowledging the mistakes Jon has mad. She's not "barbaric" or "brutal". She has made some very bad decisions, but that doesn't wipe away all of the good she has done, as well. Her father was barbaric and brutal- she is not.

Have you realized that she crucified hundreds of innocent men for a crime she cared not whether they committed? That was in the book. In the drama, we are told even more that some of those crucified by her actually protested against the crime of crucifying slaves! Sometimes I get the vibe people just haven't let this soak in yet or something.

This is not a small thing. It was a cruel crime of passion. It was also what is coined as a "hate crime," punishing people not for what they have done, but for what other people have done who belong to the same ethnic group. Dany might be an idealist, but she is also a radical and violent reactionary.

Keeping the thread on track, this is the complete opposite of Jon. He is not a radical nor an idealist. Or at least, the only ideal he holds to is justice. But since there is no bias in justice, it is not the same as idealism.

And to be honest, I never said that the bad things Dany has done wipes away the good. Nothing of the sort. It's just when one is saying Jon and Dany will go together smoothly, they are plainly overlooking the fact that Jon is not going to turn a blind eye to the bad things Dany has done, regardless of the good being legion.

You said that Jon would never allow someone to suffer unjustly- but he just ripped an innocent mother and child apart to save another child. He took innocent children from their families as "insurance". They did nothing wrong, though, and they have to pay the price. If that's not "injustice", then I don't know what is. But sometimes there IS no good way to do what's right- sometimes the innocent suffer no matter what. That was the lesson Jon learned, and what he has hardened himself to. Dany learns the same lesson, as well.

Again, Jon was acting to save a baby and this way, both babies live. If you want to argue it was a cruel thing to do then so be it, I don't stop you. This is not however a crime against humanity on an epic scale... it's just baby-saving at its worst ultimatum.

I think Rhaegar and Lyanna were married, as well. But I'm pretty sure that Dany won't be so bent on revenge once she finds out the truth. "To go forward, you must go back"- I think this means she has to know about the past before she can move on. I don't know how she finds out, but I can't see it NOT changing her opinion.

That depends. This is one thing that might have me on Dany's side for. Please consider:

If Lyanna loved Rhaegar, then what does that mean Robert was going to do? We are told the war was fought to stop a man from kidnapping and raping a girl, right? Is it actually the complete opposite? Robert was a pig even when Lyanna knew him, as we know he was fathering bastards in the Vale. Thus, Lyanna might have honestly turned her nose up at Robert in disgust, just as Cersei later did (remember Cersei originally was happy to wed Robert, but the endless drinking and whoring spoiled things).

So what was Robert going to do when he found Lyanna? Kill Rhaegar, who was trying to protect her, kidnap her and rape her? And where was Ned in all of this? Is it possible that Ned is actually for the arranged marriage thing and believed Lyanna had dishonored their House by breaking a marriage pack? Does Ned believe Robert had a right to forcefully seize and rape Lyanna because daddy had said so?

If all of this is true and we have been fed a totally warped version of history written by the victors, Dany might be right to have a belly full of hatred and I will support her. I am only worried however that she will take things too far, such as something dumb like killing Sansa to pay Ned back or such.

Actually Jon is both, if you want to get technical. I think that's kind of the entire point of him having the parents he does.

Well that could mean the title is named solely after him? It's hard to tell, but it's not impossible that Martin had selected Jon as the main character early on and wrote the entire series around him. Based on events and the selection of characters in the first book, this makes sense. All point of view characters are either his family or friends and the prologue is written about the Night's Watch and Jon's main foe.

And yes, Jon is generally cold but he does flare. You're right.

Well that could mean the title is named solely after him? It's hard to tell, but it's not impossible that Martin had selected Jon as the main character early on and wrote the entire series around him. Based on events and the selection of characters in the first book, this makes sense. All point of view characters are either his family or friends and the prologue is written about the Night's Watch and Jon's main foe.

And yes, Jon is generally cold but he does flare. You're right.

ASOIAF isn't named after just Jon. It might refer to his blood but it's also about a lot of other things--dragons/others; change and stagnation; GRRM pulled from Robert Frost's poem; and a whole host of other stuff but it's not just about one specific character.

I also don't think we can say that all the POV's are Jon's friends or family:

Cersei

Jaime

Brienne

Victarion

Barry Selmy

Varoius prologues and epilogues like Pate and Kevan

Asha

I think from an entertainment perspective, it would be more interesting if he was clueless about his real identity when they first meet whereas she would know. I doubt that is how things will go though. My best guess is that he will know and will never tell her.

Archived