How would Robert and Brandon have gotten on

Malakai Kahn

It seems that these two had far more in common than Robert and Ned ever had (could be a case of opposites attract). Can't help but think of the bromance these two would have shared if Brandon was fostered at the Eyrie instead of Ned...Speaking of which it's dawned on me that while Ned was fostered with the Arryns and Brandon was fostered with the Dustins, there's no mention of Benjen being fostered with anybody. Could have just not been mentioned but if Benjen was not fostered and remained at Winterfell this would mean that he was the only one of Lord Rickard's sons actually raised by Rickard himself. Could this be an indication that while Ned took after the honourable Arryns and Brandon took after what seems to me to be the more violent Dustins (Basing this off their arms being two longaxes, Willam who Brandon was raised with seeming to be a fairly capable warrior and Roderick Dustin leading The Winter Wolves) could Benjen have been the one to take most after his father and could we use Benjen as an idea to understand what Rickard Stark may have been like?

Robert and Brandon might have gotten along well, but I more likely see those two personalities eventually coming into conflict and competing with one another aggressively in all things from combat to drinking to women, and with the temper issues of them both that doesn't end well. Ned and Robert were friends because their personalities just worked so well together, one the violent temper the other the cold shoulder kind of temper etc.

As for the second question, Benjen Stark may have more Rickard in him or he may not. He comes across as a real man of the nights watch by the time we see him, and we never know much of Rickard so there's not a lot to go on.

I agree with Averde in that Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon were a complement to one another.

I think what made those two work was that at least from Robert Baratheon's perspective, Ned Stark was the brother he truly wanted. Maybe because Ned was not scared to tell him what he is doing is wrong and would not back down from it and perhaps Robert Baratheon never encountered anyone like that. And I believe deep down Robert Baratheon needed someone like that but never had that person around. Maybe because people were so afraid of him that they were just "yes men" and never give him an answer he needed to hear.

In the case of Brandon Stark, I believe Robert and Brandon would've been good friends but would have gone down the wrong path. Perhaps because Brandon was not of the mind to put the brakes on when it needed to be. Brandon was not of the mind to tell you what you were doing wrong, in fact, I believe he was the type to encourage it.

We really don't know much about Brandon Stark except how he was bull-headed and stormed into Kings Landing to a crazed King demanding that his son Rhaegar answer for the abduction of Lyanna Stark. Now that wasn't very prudent and well thought out.

If there was no betrothal between Bob and Lyanna, then Branon and Bob might eventually get into a fist fight over a woman.

If Robert was set to marry Brandon's baby sister still, they will get into a fist fight for Robert insulting Lyanna with his whoring

Beat me to it, I don't think Brandon would like his sister being married to someone like himself

If guys like that get along at all its for a short time, then ends with a fight. Sure they'd love broing it up for a minute but it'd end badly

This would have ended in Brandon calling out Robert for treating his sister like dog crap(see his marriage to Cersi who is smoking hot by all accounts)...

Brandon attempts to put Bob in his place and likely meets his Warhammer, Ned loses his shit and likely gets killed too...Young Robert was nearly unstoppable (Only Dayne, Selmy and Jamie could take him 1vs1, maybe Rhaegar and Oberyn on a good day)

I agree with anyone who thinks this ends badly, like Benjen is the Stark in Winterfell bad...

Archived