Another take on "TPTWP" and "The dragon has three heads"

Stargaryan

I'm a long time forum forum reader, and this is my first post. No need to go easy on me, I can take it. 😄 I've been obsessing over the books and the theories, but mostly about the following passage:

He has a song, the man replied. He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire. He looked up when he said it and his eyes met Danys, and it seemed as if he saw her standing there beyond the door. There must be one more, he said, though whether he was speaking to her or the woman in the bed she could not say. The dragon has three heads."

Rhaegar looks at Daenerys when he talks about TPTWP, not when he states that "the dragon has three heads". My interpretation is that GRRM is giving us a little nudge to imply that Daenerys is TPTWP. Obviously Rhaegar thought that his children would be the three heads (there must be one more), and he was wrong.

Daenerys is always referred to as the "mother of dragons", never as one of the dragon heads. Rhaegar doesn't look at Dany when he talks about the three heads, but specifically when he mentions TPTWP, which made me wonder why.

Ready for the newbie crackpot? I think that Daenerys is the mother of dragons (I know, very observant), AND The Prince That Was Promised, but not one of the three heads. Her "job" was to birth the dragons, and to be TPTWP, but she doesn't have to be one of the three heads. If we presume that TPTWP needs three heads, it could mean that Daenerys needs three people to help her become TPTWP.

The language misled us all for a thousand years. Daenerys is the one, born amidst salt and smoke. The dragons prove it. Just talking of her seemed to make him stronger. I must go to her. I must. (Maester Aemon)

Why is that important? Daenerys was crucial to the story, because she brought back the dragons, and with the help of the three heads, she will play a major role in saving the world (isn't that what Daenerys has been trying to do the entire time in her very own way?). The prophecy then states that the "dark eye" falls on TPTWP, which I interpret as Daenerys dying while saving the world. That means she will not be the one to rule the seven kingdoms. No Jon/Dan type of happy ending.

There you have it. Flay me now Roose Bolten style. 😄

Archived