How will Dany control her dragons?

John Doe

She controlled them because these are free dragons. The moment they are bonded with other people, the entire dynamics will change. TPATQ was very clear on the subject - dragon's loyalty first and foremost depends of the loyalty of its rider.

We can agree here, that's what I meant.

I think who ultimately controls a dragon is the dragon's choice. Maybe it's through blood (being a Targaryen or of Valyrian descent), but most likely through some sort of undeterminable "intimate connection" that a dragon feels towards a person. (I could reference wands in Harry Potter.) I theorize all of this without ignoring the importance of the horn. However, I feel that the horn produces an unintimate connection with a dragon, forcing it into dominance, neither allowing the connection to occur simbiotically nor with permission from a dragon. Like a potion to make someone fall in love, ultimately, the love is not real.

In the end, Victarion will, I think, regret trying to dominate a dragon.

He would be better off with the kraken horn and the valyran steel axe. I mean, it's like martin wrote that so Victarion could get both later.

I've always seen the dragons as animals. Which means, at the end of the day, they can do what ever the hell they like. Any dog can choose to disobey it's master, no matter how well trained it is. Also, animals may like or dislike certain people for no particular reason.

But maybe I'm wrong here, maybe they have to abide by magic and stuff.

I've always seen the dragons as animals. Which means, at the end of the day, they can do what ever the hell they like. Any dog can choose to disobey it's master, no matter how well trained it is. Also, animals may like or dislike certain people for no particular reason.

But maybe I'm wrong here, maybe they have to abide by magic and stuff.

So basically, they're like cats? ;)

Sounds like Euron's horn to me. Victarion just has it on loan. I'm not sure how thorough the horn is when deciding ownership, though.

Just because he has it in his possession doesn't mean he owns it. I think he read the text wrong. He can have someone blow the horn and take the horn after they are done using it, but the spell will backfire unless it someone of Valyrian descent. The dragon will probably get mad and goes to burn who ever holding the horn when they get there.

Unless the horn's hell wail is like music to dragons. Perhaps one has to "own it" in the performance sense, dropping a few good horror notes to get that dragon's blood flowing. The burn that Victarion feels wouldn't be that of fire, but of a lifelong lizard love.

:bang: :eek: :dunce: :dunno: :stillsick: :bs: :rolleyes: :worried: Bruh!!!!

Archived