The madness of Lancel Lannister

walkingWITHcersei

I've always believed, almost to the point of taking for granted that Cersei poisoned Lancel post BW. It's pointed out clearly that she spent time at his bedside. That and the fact that his post BW appearance seems completely out of line with the type of injuries Lancel had. His hair is brittle. He looks like an old man. Cersei notes that Lancel "looked more dead than Tywin" at Tywins wake. Even if Lancel suffered a grievous injury that we're unaware of it seems unlikely that any battle injury would cause that type of damage. Missing limbs, a mangled face, those are the type of injuries we'd expect. Just look at Tyrion.

So assuming he was poisoned it had to be Cersei right? That's what I always thought, but on a re-read of Feast she never thinks about it? So maybe it's just not on her mind? That doesn't make sense. I've thought about this at length and now I think it had to be Varys that poisoned Lancel. Why? Well to begin with everything of any significance that takes place in KL begins with Varys or LF. Varys works pretty hard to keep Cersei in charge bc she's so incompetent his horse in the race actually has a chance to end up on the IT. That being said the same reasons Cersei would want Lancel dead would certainly apply to Varys. A man who'd assassinate Kevan for ruling competently wouldn't chafe at killing little old Lancel. The only evidence against Varys is the fact that it failed. I'd expect Lancel to be dead if Varys poisoned him. The need to hide the fact that he died from something other than battle wounds likely played a factor in his survival. Also the interesting possibility that the Seven actually have powers could be the reason Lancel lived. Even if u support the High Septon/ Howland Reed theory (which I do but that's a different debate) the possibility exists that BR/Old Gods knew of Lancels future importance. They'd def know what he did. Roberts fight with the boar is full of allusions to BR. Either way I'm convinced now that Varys poisoned Lancel and just botched the job. Any thoughts on this?

If I remember correctly HS was with Lancel all the time when he was healing and that is when Lancel spilled the beans to HS.Lancel had grave injuries and probably lost a lot of blood that is why he is so weak and his hair is starting to lose its color.Look at Jaime he was tended by a maester right after they chopped his hand and he still looks like a ghost compared to his old self.Lancel probably lost more blood and was send to battlefield even when he was imjured so his injuries and blood loss might be more then we think.Also not eating anything for days doesn't help.

IDK, wounds can easily fester, it also seems that Lancel kind of gave up on himself and almost wanted to die. He may not have been willing himself to heal. We have enough of Cersei's thoughts to logically conclude that she killed her friend after they heard the prophecy, but no such thoughts that would indicate she poisoned Lancel. If it were the case, why wouldn't she think about it at all?

If anything he could have been poisoned by Pycelle, knowing what Lancel knew he would have been again trying to protect house Lannister, and we were never privy to his thoughts, unlike Cersei.

He's a true tattle tail,

his suffering couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

This sort of "kiss and tell" behavior from a supposed man,

is the personification of being pussified.

Reminds me of these high school boys who claim the cute 20 something teacher

victimized them.

When in truth , they would give anything to get in her dress.

Tsk, tsk.

Not saying Cersei (or the young school teacher) is right for violating boundaries.

But you can consider these type of young men/opportunists , as about as big a victim as your average lottery winner.

Someone should put Lancel out of our misery( reading about) soon in W.o.W.!

IDK, wounds can easily fester, it also seems that Lancel kind of gave up on himself and almost wanted to die. He may not have been willing himself to heal. We have enough of Cersei's thoughts to logically conclude that she killed her friend after they heard the prophecy, but no such thoughts that would indicate she poisoned Lancel. If it were the case, why wouldn't she think about it at all?

If anything he could have been poisoned by Pycelle, knowing what Lancel knew he would have been again trying to protect house Lannister, and we were never privy to his thoughts, unlike Cersei.

Pycelle being the culprit is an interesting thought. He already acted without orders once with Jon Arryn why not a second time? Did Pycelle know about Cersei sleeping with Lancel? I'm not sure he did, but if he did know then he's among the prime suspects for sure. If Lancel was poisoned of course.

Archived