Ned Stark in the 2.40 at Cheltenham

spiers999

Betting on horses because you like their name <<<<

You want to be getting EW on The New One in the Champion Hurdle in about 10 minutes. A score on that is a smart bet. Would also be tempted by an EW on Caroles Spirit in the Mares at 4 o clock. Got a suspicion that's going to place.

omg Annie Power fell at the fucking last to deny Ruby Walsh the grand slam!!! Very, very tempted to shout fix at that. Annie Power was cruising through that race. Madness

Aye, that's killed a lot of accumulators today - including a couple of mine.

Fortunately at the last minute I stuck a couple of quid on Glens Melody, so still in profit on the day - about £3 up overall, with 3 or 4 little accumulators still to complete.

(I should point out that most of my bets are 5p or 10p accumulators - not quite a seasoned gambler me!)

Yeah, that has most definitely ruined a lot of people's days. Was going so, so strong as well. One of the more dominant performances I've seen at Cheltenham for years - not Sprinter Sacre level, but up there for sure.

ETA: Thinking about it, Annie Power was the closest to a dead cert you're likely to see.

Putting money on Sprinter Sacre in the 15:20 out of fondness/loyalty as that run a few years back was one of the greatest things I've ever seen. Been a bumpy ride since then with a few heart problems but hopefully still has the potential to be great.

Other than that,

Lac Fontana @ 20/1 EW or Baradari @14/1 EW in the 14:40

Champagne Fever @ 5/1 in the 15:20. Proven to be a good money winner for me previously.

Fairly quiet day for me

Pervert.

As if you've never done that, Hereward.

Quanititativeeasing in the Cross Country Chase later on at 4pm is sitting at about 9/1... that's a tempting shout.

Lac Fontana @ 20/1 EW or Baradari @14/1 EW in the 14:40

Well that was a bust. Sam Twiston-Davies is a hell of a jockey. Well done to him.

All about Sprinter Sacre

ETA: Champagne Fever not running anymore

Had small e/w best on Coneygree and Road to Riches too - but my main bet was Many Clouds ....

On the Fringe has just won me back all the pennies I placed over the 4 days though - so I end the meeting with a small profit :)

Archived