Middle East and North Africa 18

Dicer

Depends who you speak of, the Arab-Israeli's or Palestinians in the west bank? Even in the latter, they have semi-autonomy, far more than Turkey would have ever considered giving the Kurds. You know, I can accept criticism from western liberal countries, much of it very valid, but from Turkey, who's most liberal government is similar to Likud? Don't make me laugh.

As to your claim that Kurdistan does not deserve independence because it is 'less developed' than the rest of Turkey, so is the west bank compared to Israel. Does it negate from their right to self-determination?

Who has semi-autonomy?? Palestinians? The Zionists will die first before they let that ever happen.

No it doesn't negate their right to independence but I am telling you what will happen if they do become independent. Besides if Erdogan decided to hand over independence to Kurdistan he would lose a great deal of support from many Nationalists and Conservatives whom are his largest voter base. There are also some factions within the Kurds that are against Kurdish independence.

Who has semi-autonomy?? Palestinians? The Zionists will die first before they let that ever happen.

More than the Kurds. In the end, the PA administers most civilian centers and has more control or autonomy than the Kurds ever had. That does not justify the Israeli occupation, but compared to Turkey completely denying that the Kurds have ANY national rights, well, is incomparable.

No it doesn't negate their right to independence but I am telling you what will happen if they do become independent. Besides if Erdogan decided to hand over independence to Kurdistan he would lose a great deal of support from many Nationalists and Conservatives whom are his largest voter base. There are also some factions within the Kurds that are against Kurdish independence.

Ah so it is a political bargain. Shocker.

Palestinians can have autonomy do you know why? Because before 1948 a country called Palestine actually existed, however the Kurds never had an independent state ever in their entire history. Their so-called country spawns 4 different nations, forget Turkey do you think Iran Iraq and Syria will allow them their land?

Palestinians can have autonomy do you know why? Because before 1948 a country called Palestine actually existed, however the Kurds never had an independent state ever in their entire history.

Palestine never existed either as an independent country or as a national identity before the 20th century. The Kurds have over 1000 years of history. You are being hypocritical to the extreme.

Palestinians can have autonomy do you know why? Because before 1948 a country called Palestine actually existed, however the Kurds never had an independent state ever in their entire history. Their so-called country spawns 4 different nations, forget Turkey do you think Iran Iraq and Syria will allow them their land?

I don't see how this is an argument against the right of self determination of a people within the borders of your country, but rather a case of "well if they don't then we won't" stubborness. I really hope that Turkey will fully recognise their peoples variation and embrace it. If that was all good, I don't think there would be a problem to discuss here apart from the recognition of past events.

Archived