Lets be straight forward: What is Sansa's destiny?

Lord Damian

And how about she is supposed to be Lyanna 2.0 who is actually seeing behind the beauty of that famous knight? Because, there are some parallels between Sansa and Lyanna, which no one can actually argue for Sansa and Cersei.

Are you talking about Lyanna Stark? What famous knight? I can't answer that part until you elaborate but Harry the Heir being a lusty blue-eyed lad with bastards is intentional so that we recall Robert. Cersei is cruel and Sansa is courteous so there are no current parallels... but Cersei was a "teacher" to Sansa. I dont think her lessons will be forgotten and I know her time with the Lannisters has changed how she views the world.

There are other things I cant mention here because sample chapter rules. Her new one didnt leave me with a lot of hope for good things.

I think that Rickon will eventually be found and made Lord of Winterfell, but will more or less be a puppet ruler of a people who want to be independent.

When Dany and/or Aegon try to unite the realm to stand against the forces of the Long Night, Sansa will be critical in getting the North to play on Team Westeros for the greater good. She'll also help Robin become strong enough to be Lord of the Vale in his own right, and will end up as Lady of Winterfell, regent for Rickon. What her ultimate fate will be, I have no idea.

"Meets a nice boy and lives happily ever after" doesn't seem to be in the cards, but, you, know, maybe find some kind of romantic happiness at some point.

As for LF, I think his power will slowly dwindle in comparison to Sansa's and when she finds out his true role in the destruction of her family she'll be in a position to deal with him pretty easily.

What if, what if we have all been deceived and GRRM throws us a curve ball, say if she chooses Petyr? There are parallels to Hades & Persephone that ought to not be ignored just because of the animosity a majority of the fandom has towards Petyr, let alone his relationship with Sansa. A lot of people are certain she'll have him killed once she finds out his role in her father's downfall but a lot of people are not going to like what I have to say about this, and the fact is Ned's naivety brought upon his own downfall. Petyr gave Ned the same chances to play the game as Sansa did, and if he was cooperative he could be still alive.

Petyr told Ned, “You wear your honor like a suit of armor...You think it keeps you safe, but all it does is weigh you down and make it hard for you to move.” Ned refused to budge. He refused to tell white lies to stay ahead in the game. It wasn't Petyr's fault entirely that Ned got separated from his head. There were many factors leading up to this, Ned being stubborn. Sansa being insistent on staying in King's Landing with her crush, Joffrey thus telling Cersei about his plans to take she and her sister back to Winterfell. That and Sansa having been manipulated by Cersei to some degree, and seeing her as inherently good. Remember, she looked up to her at the time and wanted to impress her.

Also, Joffrey was an unstable little shit. Basically, a retrograde schoolyard bully but with enough lackies to keep himself in power. Are people forgetting the existence of Janos Slynt who was responsible for Ned's arrest? As I said, and will say again as long as I breathe, Petyr gave Ned the same chance to play the Game of Thrones as he gave Sansa. Don't forget Ilyn Payne, and Tywin Lannister. I guess people will come up with any reasons to hate on Petyr. I think Petyr/Littlefinger is brilliant.

Unlike her father, Sansa realized it was for her own safety that she pretended to be subservient of King Joffrey. Remember what the Hound told her after Joff showed her Ned's head, about giving Joffrey what he wanted? People are blaming Petyr for every thing just because they do not like him. I actually love Petyr Baelish though he is not a good man. He is an excellent player and one can't call him unfair in giving everyone a chance to play. I don't think he has Sansa's best interests in mind, but I do not think he is a cold hearted murderer. He is a man who was once like Sansa. He was an enchanted dreamer who wanted to fight for the woman he loved, and got cut for it. He learned that to stay afloat he had to chance his morals and become cutthroat and do immoral things. I mean, we never got a POV chapter from him so this is my take on his character. What if he is trying to change Westeros from a feudal system to something else?

Remember, he came from a poor family. He was an heir to sheep droppings, basically. I do not condone what he does, but I can understand his motivation and I think he is a brilliant Machiavellian tactician. He realized his own weaknesses, and how it led to his near death so he decided to exploit others' weaknesses to his own advantage since he felt wronged. I do not buy what a lot of haters say about him being some friend-zoned guy with a revenge complex. There is a lot more to him, and even Sansa realizes there is a difference between Petyr, the man who she finds to be a good friend, and Littlefinger who she doesn't trust. Sansa is smart enough to realize that, which is why she is not jumping into a relationship with him or planning to kill him. She is learning from him, and I think to a degree she realizes why he had to do a lot of the things he has done, like killing Lysa.

Lysa was about to kill Sansa, and not to mention she was mentally unstable and therefore could have gave away Sansa's position in the Eyrie, and Petyr's as well. Littlefinger, without a doubt loves Littlefinger but Petyr, you know, I do not think he loves Cat. He is a pragmatic man and while he likely mourned her, I think he had his back up plans to go ahead in the case of her death. People keep writing him off as a one dimensional character, when we have had the author who has written him, the actor who plays him on the show, the show runners and Sophie Turner saying something very different about him. They are not saying he is a Saint, but for the love of the Seven he is not some mustache twirling, Snidely Whiplash villain that you all paint him to be. He is a self made man in a world where titles alone determine one's 'worth' in the eyes of most. I respect that.

What if, what if we have all been deceived and GRRM throws us a curve ball, say if she chooses Petyr? There are parallels to Hades & Persephone that ought to not be ignored just because of the animosity a majority of the fandom has towards Petyr, let alone his relationship with Sansa.

Oh, make no mistake, there is a parallel. Remember how Persephone have eaten that pomegranate in Underworld? Sansa refused LF's pomegranate.

Grisel reappeared before he could say more, balancing a large platter. She set it down between them. There were apples and pears and pomegranates, some sad-looking grapes, a huge blood orange. The old woman had brought a round of bread as well, and a crock of butter. Petyr cut a pomegranate in two with his dagger, offering half to Sansa. "You should try and eat, my lady."

"Thank you, my lord." Pomegranate seeds were so messy; Sansa chose a pear instead, and took a small delicate bite. It was very ripe. The juice ran down her chin.

Oh, make no mistake, there is a parallel. Remember how Persephone have eaten that pomegranate in Underworld? Sansa refused LF's pomegranate.

I don't want to drag an entire post from another forum, but there are very very very good arguments in this thread: http://petyrandsansa.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47&hilit=pear I don't think it should be dismissed so easily. ;)

I don't want to drag an entire post from another forum, but there are very very very good arguments in this thread: http://petyrandsansa.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=47&hilit=pear I don't think it should be dismissed so easily. ;)

You called upon Persephone myth which simply doesn't fit with the motifs introduced in the story. Sansa, unlike Persephone, rejected LF. So, regardless of pear symbolism, your invocation of Persephone myth as the background for Sansa/LF is simply contradicted with the established course of action in the series.

Plus, are you seriously sending me the link of shipping site? LOL. That entire argument stems down to "it is not like Persephone, but it is Persephone, because even though she refuses the KEY ELEMENT of Persephone story, and took a fruit from a plate, we will make that work." I am sorry, but that is not how these things work.

Your argument was Persephone. There is a clear quote in the text that Sansa rejected that role.

You called upon Persephone myth which simply doesn't fit with the motifs introduced in the story. Sansa, unlike Persephone, rejected LF. So, regardless of pear symbolism, your invocation of Persephone myth as the background for Sansa/LF is simply contradicted with the established course of action in the series.

Plus, are you seriously sending me the link of shipping site? LOL. That entire argument stems down to "it is not like Persephone, but it is Persephone, because even though she refuses the KEY ELEMENT of Persephone story, and took a fruit from a plate, we will make that work." I am sorry, but that is not how these things work.

Your argument was Persephone. There is a clear quote in the text that Sansa rejected that role.

Petyr and Sansa is not a direct retelling of Hades and Persephone, but there is quite a bit of similarity there and it ought to not be ignored especially in the subtleties that G.R.R. Martin put into their interactions. It is clear regardless of the pear symbolism, that some day she may choose to share the pomegranate with him literally and figuratively. I love Sansa, and I can understand this making a lot of other Sansa fans uncomfortable. Personally I find SanSan and SanRion to be gross. But I can still respect the significance of their relationships in all of their arcs.

She clearly is fascinated by Petyr. Also, it is noted they shared a blood orange together. The symbolism leans away from Hades & Persephone but has some mythical backing. It could mean them being bound by blood, and perhaps having a child together down the road. I am still not going to be surprised if she chooses to marry Petyr down the road. I am all about Sansa's agency and her choosing the man she wants to be with, but I will be glad if she chose him. He is not a better man than Tyrion or Sandor, but he is a better match for Sansa than them. Also, she ate a pear. Sansa is always described as being womanly rather than looking like a little girl. So, it means she could bear a child during the series, and it could be Petyr's.

As I said, I do not think their arc is a re telling of Hades & Persephone, but borrowed from it generously enough to not be dismissed. Also, there are parallels to Bael the Bard, Rhaegar and Lyanna, Bonnie & Clyde, and Humbert & Humbert and Dolores Haze minus Petyr being a pedophile, which he is NOT and hopefully Sansa not dying at seventeen. G.R.R. Martin didn't put in the subtleties in their interactions and Sansa's POV chapters on him for nothing and he took influences from a lot of sources, not just Greek mythology, but history and from other people's literature and the tales he wove in the history of Westeros himself.

Archived