Who would be Jon's dragon?

LadyStoneHearte

I'd rather Jon didn't ride a dragon. But I suppose he might. And while I can see a certain amount of symbolism with Drogon, being black and all, he is clearly Dany's dragon. So Jon will ride one of the others. Perhaps Rhaegal, since he is named for his father. But for some reason I'd rather have him ride Viserion.

it could be the dragon's name is the name jon was "suppose to" have been given.

Though I'd like to say I believe we as readers are about to be screwed royally as GRRM is no longer scripting for the show and the last book will be taken from the show.

Which means: Last season not scripted by GRRM > Last book taken from Last season > Last book not GRRMs work but actually Benioff's while GRRM milks the cash cow.

A lot of the complexities of the books are about to become very straightforward hollywood cliches

How is this on-topic in any way?

Anyway... Even if you hate the show and show runners and think it's cliche and a Terrible adaptation, GRRM does not agree with you. Based on their work in the first few seasons GRRM has met with them twice, and given them the most important beats of the story.

Obviously not all the material will be adapted, but If GRRM was going to have Jon ride a dragon in the books, you better believe he's going to ride one in the show. And it won't be "cliche" because it was GRRM himself that came up with it.

one books are not getting erased or something we are talking about them not the show. two the cliches have always been there.

The last book will be taken from the shows script as it will surpass the novels.

the nuclear weapon of dragons are control by whips. secret almost forbidden blood magic seem lame? also controlled? or get along with? it might be that the reason old wargs never controlled dragons is that they can co-exist but not be dominated

Dragons are not controlled by whips so much as directed, like you whip a horse.

The bond between Targs and dragons is the only thing allowing them to ride them....never control.

Anyway... Even if you hate the show and show runners and think it's cliche and a Terrible adaptation, GRRM does not agree with you. Based on their work in the first few seasons GRRM has met with them twice, and given them the most important beats of the story.

Obviously not all the material will be adapted, but If GRRM was going to have Jon ride a dragon in the books, you better believe he's going to ride one in the show. And it won't be "cliche" because it was GRRM himself that came up with it.

GRRM is literally finishing Winds and then hes done. Check his blog. The ending will not be his bt Benioff's as the ending hasn't been written yet and even his outline is vague and open ended as that is his writing style.

My point was that all of the conspiracies and theories likely to take place will not happen anymore.

it's not.

The last book will be taken from the shows script as it will surpass the novels.

Dragons are not controlled by whips so much as directed, like you whip a horse.

The bond between Targs and dragons is the only thing allowing them to ride them....never control.

so all the book will soon be burn? so what it's a tv show not the books

also replace "whips" with warging and done. it's not like jon really controls ghost either ghost effects jon too.

GRRM is literally finishing Winds and then hes done. Check his blog. The ending will not be his bt Benioff's as the ending hasn't been written yet and even his outline is vague and open ended as that is his writing style.

My point was that all of the conspiracies and theories likely to take place will not happen anymore.

Talk about conspiracies...

Do you think that David and Dan are lying when they say that GRRMs ending is very satisfying? sit ethe exact path to get there might be different but outline or detailed script, either way it's Georges vision of what happens that will be adapted.

It is possible he doesn't finish another book, but IMO that has little to do with the series.

The last book not being written by the author has little to do with the novels?

I don't want to get this any further off topic, but yeah thats dumb.

The last book not being written by its author, who writes extremely open ended

, is going to have major impact on the story.

The ending will be Jon and Dany as king and queen. Which is dumb.

The last book not being written by the author has little to do with the novels?

I don't want to get this any further off topic, but yeah thats dumb.

The last book not being written by its author, who writes extremely open ended

, is going to have major impact on the story.

The ending will be Jon and Dany as king and queen. Which is dumb.

and if that's true you really think that wasn't GRRMs ending? If your right, and D&Ds ending is different from GRRMs intention for what happens, then GRRM is lying, and David and Dan are lying. And why? why not just say nothing?

Conspiracy theories never made sense once you scratch the surface just a bit.

Yes seven books.

Hes finishing WINDS (6) and the last book will be taken from the shows script.

A show he is no longer scripting (WRITING) for.

WINDS release date is set for 2017

so seven and no possibility of 8?

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/game-of-thrones-books-eighth-book-1201212725/

also how will D&D writing these 1000+ page novels and run around the world making this show and writing for movies and etc...?

And why would GRRM lie about working on this series?

and if that's true you really think that wasn't GRRMs ending? If your right, and D&Ds ending is different from GRRMs intention for what happens, then GRRM is lying, and David and Dan are lying. And why? why not just say nothing?

Conspiracy theories never made sense once you scratch the surface just a bit.

Because they're aware that GRRMs readers are pissed and its something thats been demanded by fans to be addressed.

Dany and Jon as King and Queen? Straightforward, Hollywood cliche happy ending.

That sound like GRRM to you?

Yes seven books.

Hes finishing WINDS (6) and the last book will be taken from the shows script.

A show he is no longer scripting (WRITING) for.

WINDS release date is set for 2017

Again, recheck it. GRRM has said nothing of the sort. And if we want to get specific, the last book IS the show's script. Just because the book isn't written doesn't mean that's not where the plot of the seventh season will come from. It's going to be some real inception style shit maybe, but GRRM had the plan and plot points for the seventh book first.

There is no set release date. Are you sure you're on Not a Blog? Because you're information isn't.

Because they're aware that GRRMs readers are pissed and its something thats been demanded by fans to be addressed.

Dany and Jon as King and Queen? Straightforward, Hollywood cliche happy ending.

That sound like GRRM to you?

I'm not trying to sound arrogant, I literally dont know what lie you're talkig about.

I think GRRMs old, tired of working, and is extremely rich now and would like to enjoy a life of luxury with his wife and stop having his fans hassle him.

Passing on his responsibility as writer to more willing participants is a way to rid himself of his responsibilities and continue to collect a huge cheque while he enjoys his life with his wife in luxury.

"My plan is to finish in seven. But my original plan was to finish in three, I write the stories and they grow. I deal with certain things and sometimes I find myself not at the end of a story. My plan right now is still seven."

"But first I have to finish Book Six. Get back to me when I’m half-way through Book Seven and then maybe I’ll tell you something more meaningful.”

2014 GRRM

Again, recheck it. GRRM has said nothing of the sort. And if we want to get specific, the last book IS the show's script. Just because the book isn't written doesn't mean that's not where the plot of the seventh season will come from. It's going to be some real inception style shit maybe, but GRRM had the plan and plot points for the seventh book first.

There is no set release date. Are you sure you're on Not a Blog? Because you're information isn't.

No the release date is 2017 dude.

And yes he released all of this information on his blog last week I believe.

I wouldn't make it up man.

Lots of people are pissed.

But I agree that it will still be his plot points.

Im just saying only things that are extremely obvious or favourited will come tofruition in the story to please the shows viewers who are not knowledgeable when it comes to the deep histories, or inner most feelings of characters that the books have explained.

I'm not hating on the show. But it WILL ruin the complexities that madethe novels great.

The show cannot explain the complexities of certain things. It doesn't have the time.

Thus, our ending to the novels, which is the shows ending, will not be as complex as the story was.

"My plan is to finish in seven. But my original plan was to finish in three, I write the stories and they grow. I deal with certain things and sometimes I find myself not at the end of a story. My plan right now is still seven."

"But first I have to finish Book Six. Get back to me when I’m half-way through Book Seven and then maybe I’ll tell you something more meaningful.”

2014 GRRM

He said that like two years ago man.

His posting about leaving the show and having the seventh book done by the shows ending was posted like a week ago

I wouldn't make it up man.

It certainly looks that way. There's been no release date announced.

I'm not hating on the show. But it WILL ruin the complexities that madethe novels great.

The show cannot explain the complexities of certain things. It doesn't have the time.

Well, honestly that shipped sailed when he sold the rights to a television company. The adaption was never going to be as complex or developed as the novels. To me, the complexities were ruined from episode one. So the new season won't "ruin" the complexities of the books not released yet.

the tv show are not books. tv shows and books in general are just too different for them to be too alike a still be entertaining

He said that like two years ago man.

His posting about leaving the show and having the seventh book done by the shows ending was posted like a week ago

Where? seriously

there is a difference between saying "the show will end before the book loosely on how i plan to end the series" and "i will finish the 6th book then someone else will finish the series even thought i am under contract for the 7th book."

Archived