Dark Sister

So best guess is Dark Sister is with Bloodraven in the tree, OR was left hidden at Castle Black. Either way Bloodraven/Branraven would help give it to it's proper owner. But Who? Dany is my best guess but when and how does she get it. Or is Long Claw secretly Dark Sister in disguise? Or what?

Arya is Jon's dark sister, does she have something to do with it?

If Jon happens to be Jon Targaryan then he should get Blackfyre since he is higher in the line of succession (actually he would be the legitimate King as soon as his lineage is uncovered).

Dany should get Dark Sister, but I have a feeling that she will find Lightbringer, making Dark Sister irrelevant. Maybe Arya can wield Dark Sister?

I think Lightbringer is a more metaphoric thing than a simple sword. A concept, or maybe a dragon. If it is a sword it is Dawn. The Battle for the Dawn, dawn is the coming of light, the Sword of the Morning, Dawn is ancient and is made of a mystical material and maybe has a slight glow. Possibly in the presence of the Others Dawn erupts into flames. Jon appears to already have a sword so he doesn't need Dark Sister.

How does Bran/Brynden get Dark Sister to whoever gets it.

My best guess is Lyanna's grave.

Bloodraven wouldn't have taken the sword with him to the Wall. It would have stayed in the royal family, ending up with Rhaegar. Who likely left it for his Visenya-in-planning.

It's definitely not Longclaw. Dark sister is a slender sword suited to a woman's grip, Longclaw is a bastard sword, ~150% the mass and a grip suited for men.

I was just throwing the Long Claw thing out. I don't think it is. Main point is that Jon doesn't need Dark Sister as he already has a sword. I'm 95% that FAegon has or will be presented with Blackfire before the storming of Stormsend. Daenerys seems like the logical person to get Dark Sister but she is so far from Winterfell/castle Black, or the Cave in the Land of Always Winter.

The reason I think that Bloodraven took it was that it was said that the Targaryens had lost both swords. I think Bloodraven either stole it or was allowed to take it to the wall as long as he returned it but remember, he disappeared suddenly from the wall. He must have taken the sword with him north or hidden it.

If Jon happens to be Jon Targaryan then he should get Blackfyre since he is higher in the line of succession (actually he would be the legitimate King as soon as his lineage is uncovered).

Dany should get Dark Sister, but I have a feeling that she will find Lightbringer, making Dark Sister irrelevant. Maybe Arya can wield Dark Sister?

No, Aegon VI is older than Jon, so he would come before him. And Dany could come before them both since the Mad King named Viserys his heir, and Dany was his only heir.

Faegon is fake, plus he will have Blackfire as he is a Blackfire AND he is allied with the Golden Company who have Blackfire. There is no record of Arys disinheriting Rhaegar so it doesn't matter if he did. Ser Barriston doesn't remember it at all. Jaime never comments on it. Jon is older than Dany and more in the line(if legitimate) but Jon already has a Valyrian steel sword that seems to fit him really well.

No, Aegon VI is older than Jon, so he would come before him. And Dany could come before them both since the Mad King named Viserys his heir, and Dany was his only heir.

Yes, but if Rheagar had children his own heirs would come before Aerys' younger children.

You are right that 'Aegon' is older than Jon, but there are witnesses that saw Aegon get his head mashed, and i think that 'Aegon' is 'the Mummer's Dragon (Varys' fake Blackfyre).

Either way, you may be right. We dont know until he writes the book.

You know what, I think you are right in that Aegon probably does have the sword Blackfyre though.

Blackfyre dissappeared, and I think that the last person ever to wield it was one of the Blackfyre pretenders, so the sword probably did end up with Aegon if it has continued to be passed down the family line.

And symbolically, the sword represents the true Targaryan heir... in that case would be fake Aegon Blackfyre.

Sorry for derailing the thread. As far as Dark Sister, I do not know where it is. Last I remember it belonged to the Dragon Knight. I think he was after Bloodraven, but I might be wrong.

Why do we do any of this if we argue that.

You are correct.

Back to Dark Sister... Do we know where it is? Either Bloodraven or the Dragon Knight (kingsgaurd for Aegon 4) was the last to possess the blade that I know of.

Was Dragon Knight before or after Bloodraven? And surely Bloodraven didnt take the sword with him to the wall... he would have left it with the Targs or the Kingsgaurd.

Bloodraven had it during the Blackfire Rebellion. He lived longer than Aemon the Dragon Knight and presumably Aemon would not give up his ancestral sword to his brothers bastard while he still needed it although Aemon, Naerys, and Daeron did like Melissa Blackwood and were her friend at court. Naerys may have wanted the sword to go to Bloodraven after her brothers death.

Bloodraven definitely had Dark Sister at some point and the Targaryen's had lost both swords by the time of Robert's Rebellion. So Bloodraven either lost it, took it, or disappeared before he was supposed to give it back. I imagine Aegon V allowing Bloodraven to keep Dark Sister while he lived as long as Aemon promised to send it back to King's Landing after Lord Rivers death.

You know what, I think you are right in that Aegon probably does have the sword Blackfyre though.

Blackfyre dissappeared, and I think that the last person ever to wield it was one of the Blackfyre pretenders, so the sword probably did end up with Aegon if it has continued to be passed down the family line.

And symbolically, the sword represents the true Targaryan heir... in that case would be fake Aegon Blackfyre.

Sorry for derailing the thread. As far as Dark Sister, I do not know where it is. Last I remember it belonged to the Dragon Knight. I think he was after Bloodraven, but I might be wrong.

I didn't mean he had Blackfyre, but he very well could lol

I just wanted to point out Jon isn't first in line to be the next king

As for Dark Sister, I really hope Dany, Arya, or Brienne find it somehow

Bloodraven had it during the Blackfire Rebellion. He lived longer than Aemon the Dragon Knight and presumably Aemon would not give up his ancestral sword to his brothers bastard while he still needed it although Aemon, Naerys, and Daeron did like Melissa Blackwood and were her friend at court. Naerys may have wanted the sword to go to Bloodraven after her brothers death.

Bloodraven definitely had Dark Sister at some point and the Targaryen's had lost both swords by the time of Robert's Rebellion. So Bloodraven either lost it, took it, or disappeared before he was supposed to give it back. I imagine Aegon V allowing Bloodraven to keep Dark Sister while he lived as long as Aemon promised to send it back to King's Landing after Lord Rivers death.

Maybe Bloodraven took it to the wall with him?

Maybe the person who said that it could be long-claw (with a new hilt) is correct.

It is a bastard-sword wich is shorter than a longsword. Perfert for a strong female warrior that the sword was crafted for (but a good sword for a man too of course)

double post...

I think it is either in Winterfell hidden in the crypts where Jon must go to find his identity. But more likely it is in Castle Black or with Bloodraven in the cave of the Children of the Forest in the far north. Bloodraven may have had a greendream that told him to take it and save it until the proper time.

I think it is either in Winterfell hidden in the crypts where Jon must go to find his identity. But more likely it is in Castle Black or with Bloodraven in the cave of the Children of the Forest in the far north. Bloodraven may have had a greendream that told him to take it and save it until the proper time.

The only problem I see with Bloodraven having Dark Sister, is wouldn't it have been stripped from him when he was sentenced to the NW?

The only problem I see with Bloodraven having Dark Sister, is wouldn't it have been stripped from him when he was sentenced to the NW?

Probably so...

So it probably ended up back in the hands of the Targaryans.

He did have a lot of sympathy from some of the family though... maybe because of this they allowed him to take it to the Wall. He did serve as commander there. Maybe he left it at the Wall when he left to seek the 3 eyed crow to become the Greenseer.

That is why I think it could possibly be Longclaw. It takes majic to rework Valarian steel, but I imagine you could change the hilt and pommel just fine.

Archived