Bumping for TWOW V4

Kikajon

Because 2 people asked here is part 2.

June 9th, 2020

As I sit by the hearth I tend to forget whatever happens around me. Perhaps it is because of the allure of the exotic dance of the flame which touches the firewood gently whilst kindling everything that partners up with it. Lately all I have been doing is sitting there, mesmerized by fire, intrigued by paper. Ever since my strange encounter with the old man at the bookshop I have been investing time into the books he had given me. Five old books and one new. Each book was numbered from one to five, making it easy for me in which order to read them. So far the books had swept me away and brought me to a place where wonders and magic were as real as the ground beneath me. The story had a realistic edge to it, making me genuinely interested in all it's characters. As much as I want to continue reading I really need to start making dinner. I decide to put a feather on the page where I was left and close the book. When I put the book on the table I notice that there is a very small shiny piece of metal coming outside of the books bind. When I pull it reveals itself to be part of a necklace, a very old one at that. The chain is made of tarnished bronze and is used to hold what seems to be a peculiar locket. The locket is made of the same bronze but features a silver decoration in the shape of a wolf. I open the locket only to find out it's empty, with the exception of three words that seemed to have been carved in hastily. The old man must have given me a wrong copy, perhaps even his own. I would go to the bookshop tomorrow to return the book to him and it's hidden necklace as well. After having made myself a nice dinner I decide to sit down and relax for the day. I turn the television on for the news broadcast and let my teeth sink into the fruits of my labor in the kitchen. While the weatherman is rambling on about some idiotic weather report coming in(''Yes ladies and gentlemen, it seems like there is a cold front coming closer. It is nearly the end of august and winter is coming already. Better get your snow boots sorted, ha-ha.'') I decide to turn on the radio instead. I had never been a huge fan of television, but seeing as I was in a generation of people raised by the damn thing, you couldn't escape the fate of owning one. As I bring my empty plate back to the kitchen I see white falling from the sky. It seemed the weathermen and the necklace had both been right.

''winter is coming.''

To be continued.

Yes, for a start the books are numbered from 1 to 5..the sixth is not numbered?

I'd go back and check with the old man if you can find him again :)

thank you yomi, a little better today :)

Yes, for a start the books are numbered from 1 to 5..the sixth is not numbered?

I'd go back and check with the old man if you can find him again :)

thank you yomi, a little better today :)

Someone is observant. Next part is coming tomorrow :p. I'm so bored I'm writing fanfic about reading TWOW. What has my life come to.

Someone is observant. Next part is coming tomorrow :P. I'm so bored I'm writing fanfic about reading TWOW. What has my life come to.

Someone waits. Someone is bored too

:uhoh:

Archived