If Ayra were to die...

Ser Falione

...Could she warg into Nymeria and lead the wolf back, presumably, to destroy the Boltons.

I've never trusted the Faceless Men, specifically the Kindly Man. I mean he's a skull until Arya, I think, bites a worm on his face and then he turns into the kindest face she ever saw.

It reminded me of this line from, I believe, the Hound. It went something along the lines of, "Your a kind girl. Some day that's gonna get you killed."

Maybe it's just post-Red Wedding trust issues. I don't trust several factions/people. Specifically, I think the Children of the Forest are the worst of them all. Bran is now their puppet- don't get me started on that though.

But if after she completes her training and becomes a Faceless Men, and if the "Kindly" man kills her after that- all men must die- she could totally become Nymeria right. She has strong warg capabilities just like Jon and Bran.

Here are some of the times Nymeria is mentioned:

A Clash of Kings

On her march north with Yoren, Arya hears talk of a huge female wolf who leads a pack around the Gods Eye that has no fear of men.

A Storm of Swords

Arya sees a pack of wolves while searching for Riverrun. The largest of the wolves returns her call when she howls at them. Later she has a wolf dream where Nymeria attacks Iggo of the Bloody Mummers and his companions and kills them.

Through her warg bond with Nymeria, Arya finds Catelyn Stark's body in a river. She drags her to the shore and tries to wake her, but realizes she is dead. She flees when she sees men approaching.

A Feast for Crows

From Braavos, Arya has wolf dreams at night where she leads a great pack in the forest.

Septon Meribald reports that a great pack of hundreds of wolves prowls the Trident.

Ser Danwell Frey complains of an unprecedented number of wolves in the Riverlands and tells Jaime that packs of wolves attacked their baggage train as they traveled from the Twins. Ser Dermot of the Rainwood scouts near Riverrun and reports finding hundreds of wolves who killed two of his sentries. One of the dying men said the pack was led by "a she-wolf of monstrous size. A direwolf, to hear him tell it."

A Dance with Dragons

Ghost sees Nymeria singing under the moon and a hundred little grey cousins of her pack singing with her. She was in hills, which were warmer than the Wall and full of food.

When Arya was Blind Beth, her wolf dreams were of seeing the night sky of Westeros. During these dreams Arya sees the first snowfall in the Riverlands and that prey has been scarcer since the snow began. Nymeria and her pack feasted on a shepherd, his dogs and flock. Some of her little grey cousins were afraid of men, even dead men; but to her meat was meat and men were prey.

Winds of Winter

While Arya is Mercy, in the sample chapter, she wakes up having dreamt of wolves and blood.

It's not a wild theory to think that Arya will control Nymeria. But what makes it interesting is that I believe she will have to die to do it. GRRM didn't put Nymeria and her huge pack of wolves into these novels for no reason. And if, assumably, the Boltons have won, they still control the North. And I couldn't imagine a sweeter death then Ayra, as Nymeria, leading a huge pack of wolves to tear the Boltons apart, ripping their flesh to pieces.

It's almost foreshadowed by the love Ramsay has for his kennel dogs, and how he hunts with them.

Thoughts?

I think Arya will warg into Nymeria at SOME point, it's almost a certainty, but I don't see why she would have to die.

Why on earth would KM kill her? He's training her. I suspect there aren't many Faceless Men around, she's a valuable asset. Maybe if she decides she doesn't want to train anymore and wants to go back to avenge her family, that would pose a problem and put her in danger, yes. But still doesn't mean she has to die to warg, I believe she will do it whilst being very much alive.

Besides, she's a continent away. For someone as inexperienced who doesn't even know what warging is or that she can do it, it seems like a long shot.

Well the arm long list of nominal references to Arya's Death - is well long. Personally I still think her seeming break with the FM with solve that issue. She is already outside of the house of Black and White seen as 'known to be dead' and Jane fake Arya will fail as an imposter. So technically she is dead and really only John and Theon and Sansa would likely to know her now or trust her once fake Aryra is relieved (seeing as the rest of the close family Stark servants, troops and what not are dead or gone or scatted)*. Even Theon has already lost his creditability, Bran is a tree and if Jon is out of action there is nobody who can really likely identify her any more.

But my personal pet theory is she will leave the FM and be stuck with a different face have left before knowing how to get her own back - she will really be dead - again but for Jon nobody will know her. Well I suppose Sansa might but will she choose too?

* I suppose getting her wolf back would help since that seems to well known in the North and that is key to the White Harbor plot around Rikken

Arya doesn't really think about what she's doing when she skinchanges with the cat, so if Arya understands anything about this she's totally blase about it.

Unless she runs across someone who understands skinchanging and warging and explains it to her, or she puts some serious thought into it, I wonder if that will effect her link and ability to use it as a second life.

Arya doesn't really think about what she's doing when she skinchanges with the cat, so if Arya understands anything about this she's totally blase about it.

Unless she runs across someone who understands skinchanging and warging and explains it to her, or she puts some serious thought into it, I wonder if that will effect her link and ability to use it as a second life.

I not sure about - she figured out what is happening in the inn and seems to have made a choice to use that power to cheat the FM's blind test.

I agree she does not as the free folk do 'bind' animals to her, but she does seem able to slip into them when she needs too as almost a partner really. I mean her Wolf certainly felt her need and responded when she fled from Herrinhall.

Archived