Worried about "Ghost"

Shienberg

So I think the coolest way to end the season would be with Jon getting shanked. The last shot would be Jon saying "Ghost" as his eyes close, then cut to Ghost's eyes opening. Cut to black.

This probably won't happen but just for arguments sake... could it work? Ghost is barely ever with Jon and their connection is much less significant than in the books. Also, the Stark potential for warging is not yet established. Could they put this together in the last two episodes? Could they properly emphasize Jon and Ghost's relationship and establish Jon as a potential Warg? Maybe using Mel's fire vision and having Ghost by Jon's side for the rest of the season could make it work... but would the unsullied catch on?

Thoughts?

So I think the coolest way to end the season would be with Jon getting shanked. The last shot would be Jon saying "Ghost" as his eyes close, then cut to Ghost's eyes opening. Cut to black.

This probably won't happen but just for arguments sake... could it work? Ghost is barely ever with Jon and their connection is much less significant than in the books. Also, the Stark potential for warging is not yet established. Could they put this together in the last two episodes? Could they properly emphasize Jon and Ghost's relationship and establish Jon as a potential Warg? Maybe using Mel's fire vision and having Ghost by Jon's side for the rest of the season could make it work... but would the unsullied catch on?

Thoughts?

Either that, or Melisandre wakes him up with the kiss of fire.

I personally think that they might want to shock the readers by 'telling us' what we do not yet know with a high degree of certainty: how will jon survive?

Why do I have this opinion?

For the show, having Jon assuming ghost's PoV and go north is scarcely valuable. As a wolf, he can't comment on what he sees. And he supposedly can not understand the language spoken by White Walkers. So it should be with subtitles anyway.

IMHO, for the show the best way to explore the white walkers intentions is to directly follow their horde, or even better to have Brinden Rivers and Bran Stark reveal it by showing some 'dreams glancing of the past/present/future' and discussing the dreams among themselves.

Moreover, it seems that the show runners went to great extent to guarantee that Melisandre knows about the kiss by fire by making her meet with Thoros of Myr.

Thoughts?

Well, they did just recently bring Ghost back onto the board with the whole Sam and Gilly thing, so I think it's possible, and that if handled right, the beginning of season 6 could be a parallel to Bran's initial journey, only Bran is the one guiding Jon, instead of bloodraven. Warg brothers in arms. :)

Archived