Revisiting Season 5

Mkcaptaiiin

On a second viewing of Season 5 did you as a viewer appreciate it more or less?

Personally, rewatching the first episode I noticed many things I didn't before, such as ghost in the background more often which I didn't catch the first time as well as foreshadowing of events further in the series.

I did not like Season Five that much because what the show characterized, dialogues and character development, were just not there so much IMO. In addition to useless developments like Dorne etc and doubtful creative decisions like Shireen's burning.

I will be honest and say I didn't love this season but one thing that I did enjoy was the changes the show made, which while initially angered me as a book reader I came to enjoy the changes since I didn't know what was going to happen in those story lines anymore. None of those story lines led anywhere that exciting/ different or interesting, so revisiting season 5 wasn't a fantastic experience.

The two sided coin, as a book reader following this season feeling the way we did as we first read a Dance with Dragons and not knowing where the story would go. Yet at the same time not approving with the changes that were made. I feel the changes made in this season were at least much more bearable that the previous seasons changes.

The hardhome battle I think was one of the coolest things we got to see and now how it was adapted gave us a look into a massacre that we as book readers didn't get a first hand account of the event only brief details.

Archived