Who among the baratheon brothers would make the best king

Yucef Menaerys

People like Tarly may hate all the bullshit about tourneys, and others like the Florents maybe scared of the Tyrells. We just dont know if the lords of the Reach like Renly or not. And some lords sent residuals force compared to their host, like the Hightowers.

Tarly hates everything though and the hightowers didn't send much because the lords sons were both in the capital a lot of people would sit out in that scenario. The only other lords who didn't send much we know of are the swans and maybe the of tarths.

Tarly hates everything though and the hightowers didn't send much because the lords sons were both in the capital a lot of people would sit out in that scenario. The only other lords who didn't send much we know of are the swans and maybe the of tarths.

I edited my post because it was not completed. You missed part of the text.

People like Tarly may hate all the bullshit about tourneys, and others like the Florents maybe scared of the Tyrells. We just dont know if the lords of the Reach like Renly or not. And some lords sent residuals force compared to their host, like the Hightowers.

"May". And I'm the the one making stuff up. Youre not bringing up valid points, you're just desperately trying to discredit Renly so that your favorite character, Stannis, looks slightly less bad for not doing anything while his younger brother amasses a force of 80-100k men.

"May". And I'm the the one making stuff up. Youre not bringing up valid points, you're just desperately trying to discredit Renly so that your favorite character, Stannis, looks slightly less bad for not doing anything while his younger brother amasses a force of 80-100k men.

Again, where did you get your information about the Reach lords liking Renly? We know how Tarly is so he probably hated all those tourneys. And we also know that the Florents and the Tyrells are rivals, and the Tyrell bannermen are way more numerous than the Florents. By the way I edited my post in which I explain Renly's host size and who compossed. I am not going to comment about your little Stannis rant.

I doubt he brought 30k from the Stormlands 30 or maybe 35k is probably the upper limit and you never bring all your troops so probably 20 or 2 5k from the Stormlands and the rest from the reach whatever the number is.

But Renly's host was like 80k so 20k+ 60k= 80k, which is Renly's host as far as I can remember. Amd Renly was slowly gathering troops he did not rush to attack like Tywin or Robb, so probably he was could have movilizing all his host.

But Renly's host was like 80k so 20k+ 60k= 80k, which is Renly's host as far as I can remember. Amd Renly was slowly gathering troops he did not rush to attack like Tywin or Robb, so probably he was could have movilizing all his host.

You can raise everyone but it's not really advisable and difficult to do only tywin seems to do that with the Westerlands and they seem more centralised plus respect and fear tywin.

We dont really know Renly's numbers he claims 100k foot which is bs because that would give him 100k but it could be 90 or 100k I suppose, either way it doesn't really matter renly was popular and well liked and he used that to get himself a crown and a throne as well if he wasn't killed.

Again, where did you get your information about the Reach lords liking Renly? We know how Tarly is so he probably hated all those tourneys. And we also know that the Florents and the Tyrells are rivals, and the Tyrell bannermen are way more numerous than the Florents. By the way I edited my post in which I explain Renly's host size and who compossed. I am not going to comment about your little Stannis rant.

Where did I get it? How about from the fact that they followed him. Did we see any dissent among the Lords in the chapters Cat visited?

So you think Tarly hates the tourneys because...? Renly has a huge host, a good plan, and a good last name. Tarly seemed perfectly happy to follow him and why wouldn't he? I'm sure he likes winning as much as the next guy.

If you don't want people to assume you're just a blind Stannis supporter maybe your name shouldnt be Stannis broatheon

You can raise everyone but it's not really advisable and difficult to do only tywin seems to do that with the Westerlands and they seem more centralised plus respect and fear tywin.

We dont really know Renly's numbers he claims 100k foot which is bs because that would give him 100k but it could be 90 or 100k I suppose, either way it doesn't really matter renly was popular and well liked and he used that to get himself a crown and a throne as well if he wasn't killed.

But again we dont know how much the reach lords like him. And we dont really know the internal politics of the Stormlands,so we are just speculating. The point of the post was to remind the importance of the Stormlands on Tenly's host, because it was not just Reach man as people were suggesting.

Where did I get it? How about from the fact that they followed him. Did we see any dissent among the Lords in the chapters Cat visited?

So you think Tarly hates the tourneys because...? Renly has a huge host, a good plan, and a good last name. Tarly seemed perfectly happy to follow him and why wouldn't he? I'm sure he likes winning as much as the next guy.

If you don't want people to assume you're just a blind Stannis supporter maybe your name shouldnt be Stannis broatheon

My nickname is cool and my avatar fits it perfectly so your argument is stupid.
I was not the one bringing Stannis in a Renly relative strenght and achievements discussion. You were, and that makes you look like a fanboy.
Randyll did not like Renly's bullshit like attacking Stannis when he wanted because it was an obvious trap. Randyll is a pretty harsh and practical man that likes warrior like people. So assuming he did not like Renly is not a bad guess. Randyll was doing his duty to his liege. We dont know if he would follow Renly if the Tyrells did not choose to, and I doubt it. Again were did you get that all the Reach bannermen liked Renly? You gave no argument and no evidence.

My name is cool amd my avatar fits it perfectly so your argument is stupid.
I was not the one bringing Stannis in a Renly relative strenght and achievements discussion. You were, and that makes you look like a fanboy. Randyll did not like Renly's bullshit like attacking Stannis when he wanted because it was an obvious trap. Randyll is a pretty harsh and practical man that likes warrior like people. So assuming he did not like Renly is not a bad guess. Randyll was doing his duty to his liege. We dont know if he would follow Renly if the Tyrells did not choose to, and I doubt it. Again were did you get that all the Reach bannermen liked Renly? You gave no argument and no evidence.

The fact that they all turned up (bar the hightowers) and continued to show up making his host grow is all the evidence necessary.

My nickname is cool and my avatar fits it perfectly so your argument is stupid.
I was not the one bringing Stannis in a Renly relative strenght and achievements discussion. You were, and that makes you look like a fanboy.
Randyll did not like Renly's bullshit like attacking Stannis when he wanted because it was an obvious trap. Randyll is a pretty harsh and practical man that likes warrior like people. So assuming he did not like Renly is not a bad guess. Randyll was doing his duty to his liege. We dont know if he would follow Renly if the Tyrells did not choose to, and I doubt it. Again were did you get that all the Reach bannermen liked Renly? You gave no argument and no evidence.

"My nickname is cool so your argument is stupid". Thanks for the good laugh

Actually the whole topic is about comparing the Baratheon brothers. Somehow I don't think I'm the fanboy here...considering neither of these characters are among my favorites or least favorites.

As for Tarly, you also have no evidence for your claims whereas mine are backed up by the fact that he follows Renly and showed no signs of displeasure. What we know about him is he respects strength, something Renly had in the form of a massive host.

"If that is so, why is the Knight of Flowers not among you? And where is Mathis Rowan? Randyll Tarly? Lady Oakheart? Why are they not here in your company, they who loved Renly best? Where is Brienne of Tarth, I ask you?

Yes, Tarly hated Renly very much. 

"My nickname is cool so your argument is stupid". Thanks for the good laugh

Actually the whole topic is about comparing the Baratheon brothers. Somehow I don't think I'm the fanboy here...considering neither of these characters are among my favorites or least favorites.

As for Tarly, you also have no evidence for your claims whereas mine are backed up by the fact that he follows Renly and showed no signs of displeasure. What we know about him is he respects strength, something Renly had in the form of a massive host.

We were discussing about Renly's achievements and succes. We were not debating about the topic. So yeah bringing Stannis and that I like him all the time makes you look like a hater/fanboy.
The safest option is to follow the commands of your liege. If he wins he likes you, if he loses you were just doing your duty, and you will lose nothing of your titles and land. So supporting your liege=/= liking the side that they took.

We were discussing about Renly's achievements and succes. We were not debating about the topic. So yeah bringing Stannis and that I like him all the time makes you look like a hater/fanboy.
The safest option is to follow the commands of your liege. If he wins he likes you, if he loses you were just doing your duty, and you will lose nothing of your titles and land. So supporting your liege=/= liking the side that they took.

Not really look at Stannis's Stormlanders after the bw plenty of them lost land, Lord blackwood lost land after Robb died, Wyman had to pay a few thousand gold after he surrendered there would be more of i went looking after rebels lose its not just the top man that is punished.

You seem to forget that earlier you were defending Stannis's lack of doing anything whIle degrading Renly for doing quite a bit. That is why I brought him up. Not because I'm a "hater" as you so eloquently put it.

You bring up a good point by accident, it's actually kindve irrelevant whether Tarly liked Renly or not. He followed him because he had strength. That's really all that mattered.

You seem to forget that earlier you were defending Stannis's lack of doing anything whIle degrading Renly for doing quite a bit. That is why I brought him up. Not because I'm a "hater" as you so eloquently put it.

You bring up a good point by accident, it's actually kindve irrelevant whether Tarly liked Renly or not. He followed him because he had strength. That's really all that mattered.

I said that Renly's plan was simple, that is not degraiding. The plan was not sophisticated or elavorated. It was just effective.

I said that Renly's plan was simple, that is not degraiding. The plan was not sophisticated or elavorated. It was just effective.

And finally you admit it's effective. And that you were wrong about Tarly.

Though you tried your best to deny it, Renly was a charismatic and competent leader and his plan was a good one. Glad we got here

Archived