Bloodraven and Mel Both Wrong?

JaegrM

A winged wolf does not equate to dragon.   It's very likely symbolic of Bran warging ravens and crows. 

The winged wolf could just as easily be Rickon.  The stone chain is signicant.  We know the Skaagosi are known as the stone men. 

Someone just mentioned in another thread that Bran is celtic for raven. So Bran Stark would be Raven Stark. Good name for the winged wolf.

Jojen interprets his dreams for himself. Remember also that Jojen and Meera were eager to see the wolves for themselves at WF when they arrrived at the harvest feast. Bran wanted to show them himself, but was tired and went to bed, and Jojen and Meera went to the godswood all by themselves to see the wolves. Later Jojen said he could see/feel Bran in there. It seems to me that Jojen was not sure at first which wolf he dreamt about, but wanted to verify that the wolf he saw was linked to Bran. Shaggydog is black. Ghost is albino and north of the wall on the great ranging. Bran's Summer is grey. Jojen identified Bran as the chained winged wolf based on the coloring of the wolf he saw, which would have been Summer. That's how he identified Bran being the chained winged wolf, and why Meera and Jojen wanted to see the direwolves asap when they arrived at WF. If Jojen had been dreaming of Jon, he'd have seen Ghost, the white albino wolf.

On top of that, Mel sees BR and a "wolf" beside him through the flames looking back at her.

The greensight dreams are accurate, as proven by GoHH. Mel's visions in the flames are accurate too. It's just the interpreting that's a problem. BR also doesn't claim that Bran is Azor Ahai, just that he's a greenseer, which he is.

I don't recall anything about the wolves coloration influencing Jojen's decision. I got the impression that through Bran's accident and his dreams of Bloodraven he simply was able to develop his skinchanging abilities far beyond that of his siblings. It was Bran's being inside of Summer that Jojen noted. 
We know that all of the Stark kids are skinchangers, I kind of assume the other characters in the story are unaware of this. 
If Jojen had gone to Jon or Robb he very well may have sensed them in their wolves just as he did Bran. The only other skinchanger at Winterfell was the undisciplined Rickon, too young to be expected to control or harness his ability, especially compared to Bran.

BR and Jojen's interpretation being wrong is exactly what I'm suggesting. 
Logically. they're decisions make sense, but it's not the only answer that fits.
Like Mel, we've seen her POV, she's not stupid, she just has complete faith in her beliefs.

I'm also not suggesting that BR was searching for AA, He was searching for whatever you'd like to call his version of that savior.

Mel is searching for Fire's champion, Azor Ahai, she's wrongly chosen Stannis.
Bloodraven is searching for Ice's champion. he's wrongly chosen Bran.

Perhaps Jojen was meant to help bring Bran to BR so that Bran could free Jon from his Vows (chains).

Maybe...it's both.  Bran was the one Jojen saw in the dream via Summer, but another "winged wolf" also needs freeing.

Except...BR can't get Jon out of his vows.

Sansa too could become a "winged wolf" if she starts skinchanging birds.  Lot of bird imagery in her storyline.

And I think Arya may get to ride on a dragon (as a passenger).  

One could argue that for a while as KitN Robb was flying.

So all we need is a flight motif for Rickon (fleeing, instead of flying?) and we've got winged wolves all the heck over the story.

I don't recall anything about the wolves coloration influencing Jojen's decision. I got the impression that through Bran's accident and his dreams of Bloodraven he simply was able to develop his skinchanging abilities far beyond that of his siblings. It was Bran's being inside of Summer that Jojen noted. 
We know that all of the Stark kids are skinchangers, I kind of assume the other characters in the story are unaware of this. 
If Jojen had gone to Jon or Robb he very well may have sensed them in their wolves just as he did Bran. The only other skinchanger at Winterfell was the undisciplined Rickon, too young to be expected to control or harness his ability, especially compared to Bran.

BR and Jojen's interpretation being wrong is exactly what I'm suggesting. 
Logically. they're decisions make sense, but it's not the only answer that fits.
Like Mel, we've seen her POV, she's not stupid, she just has complete faith in her beliefs.

I'm also not suggesting that BR was searching for AA, He was searching for whatever you'd like to call his version of that savior.

Mel is searching for Fire's champion, Azor Ahai, she's wrongly chosen Stannis.
Bloodraven is searching for Ice's champion. he's wrongly chosen Bran.

We know that while Jojen's dreams are symbolic they also contain identifying elements. For example, Jojen has a dream of 2 boys being killed and claims it are Bran and Rickon who will be killed. But it aren't Bran and Rickon killed, but the 2 miller boys with the wolf pins and cloaks/clothing to make WF servants identify the 2 miller boys as Bran and Rickon. From this dream we can thus conclude that Jojen saw the wolf pins and clothing that make the miller boys appear to be Bran and Rickon.

So, while Jojen does not describe what the winged wolf has as coloring, it's logical to expect that he would see a particular wolf with certain coloring, just as he was able to see the stuff used to identify the miller boys as Bran and Rickon.

Seeing the wolves is one of the first thing Jojen and Meera mention when they enter the hall of WF. Bran is pleased by this wish of them and tells them he'll introduce them. But Bran doesn't take them out to see the wolves that night. He goes to sleep. Without any supervision Jojen and Meera go see the wolves, with Meera being cautious about it, but Jojen adament about it. So, Jojen wants to see the wolves that same night. Now why would Jojen find it so important to see the wolves with his own eyes, unsupervised that same night if not to confirm something for himself. If it was just "I wanna see the wolves" in the same manner people want to see Dany's dragons, then Jojen could wait for the next day easily. The reasonable conclusion is because he wants to know what the wolves look like, and whether one of them looks like the one he saw in his dream as soon as possible, so Meera and Jojen can decide who they're supposed to help. Since Jojen saw the wolves and had the dream and is sure it's Bran, the implication is that he saw a grey wolf like Summer, not a black one like Shaggydog, or white like Ghost.

Yes, Jojen sense Bran being in Summer. But that's not what he appears to be checking out on the night of arrival when entering the godswood to go see the wolves unsupervized. They wanted to "see the wolves", not specifically "see Starks skinchanging wovles". That was just another bonus.

We know Bran is a greenseer, neither BR nor Jojen are wrong about it, and we have confirmation from BR that he wanted Bran to get to the cave because he was a greenseer.

There are many Ice champions. Nowhere is it implied that BR considers Bran the Ice champion. He considers him a greenseer who's to take over from him when BR dies. The other Stark children have other Ice champion roles to fulfill. Arya's got a role to fulfill with the FM for example.

Archived