European politics: Into the "right" futur

Biglose

So just wondering - do you know the rate of sexual assaults in germany?

Depends who you ask... Offically? Very low to absurdly low depends on the source. some women rights organisation absurdly high. (Well, till now.)

The only country I know of, which has really precise statistics about rape would be switzerland. Germany is probably doing worse.

Some other European news: Catalonia is taking some more first steps towards its independence. On twitter some people are not really happy about it or at least someone who follows the guardian. He or she keeps saying Catalonia will destroy Spain. And a follower of the Economist says we are all going to hell. Oh, those separatists. 

That's great. More tribalism to divide europe even more. This will end well.

That's great. More tribalism to divide europe even more. This will end well.

Why should they not have a right to self-determination while this is a right granted to colonized states? It is not like they ever decided they wanted to be a part of Spain. I think they were even conquered by Spain? So long they do it peacefully, why should they not be allowed to do this? 

I do understand why people from Spain might be against it (or probably are). But I do not understand why non-Spaniards should be against it (except maybe inhabitants of countries in which there are also separatists)? N. Sarkozy already said people should listen to those separatists (x).

Archived