Galavant Season Two [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

Theres a new one to start learning as well, taking the complete piss out of last seasons opening

Now aren't they cheeky :P As a song it's pretty rubish, but I like the sentiment of their endeavour :) 

Now aren't they cheeky :P As a song it's pretty rubish, but I like the sentiment of their endeavour :) 

Well, the first one didn't win an Emmy, so what's the point in putting in that much effort.

I'm very much looking forward to season 2. I hope the focus will be more on the comedy and the songs than the plot, though, that got needlessly complicated towards the end of season 1.

Just finished the first episode. It was great fun. I knew Kylie Minogue was going to be in it, but the way she was in it was unexpected to say the least :P Loving King Richard so far. He was easily the mvp of the first episode, he's just so clueless :D

Yeah, a good return. Not wild about the contrived misunderstanding, but the gag about the never before seen amulet Isabella always wears was good, including "You never handed me the fucking amulet!". Even when he's working for reasonably nice people the chef can't catch a break.

I'm hoping the Galavant song makes a triumphant return at some point, preferably without anybody getting stabbed for singing it.

They also continue to make the most of Vinnie Jones. Beer, beer-beer, beer-beer, beer!

I just watched the second episode :) much better than the first one and I liked that one very much. The jokes were killing me :DThat portrait of Gareth's mum, the line "who threw my painting in the toilet", the unicorn stalker, the cow bit :D It's all cheesy, but great.

I'm hoping the Galavant song makes a triumphant return at some point, preferably without anybody getting stabbed for singing it.

I agree, it was so damn catchy. I hope this season has a song that we can favourably compare to that one :)

They also continue to make the most of Vinnie Jones. Beer, beer-beer, beer-beer, beer!

Timothy Omundson and Vinnie Jones are easily the heart of this series imo :) Whenever they are on screen, you know something good is going to happen. Frankly, I'm more invested in their relationship than that of Galavant and Isabella :) 

I just watched the first episode of season one. This show is wildly weird. Worth watching? 

Yeah definitely. There is no show like it on television right now. It's hammy, cheesy and indeed wonderfully weird. Plus, it only has eight episodes or so, so you'll breeze through those easily. It gets weirder still though :P 

I hope the chef returns to season 1 form. The amulet line was great.

I just watched the second episode :) much better than the first one and I liked that one very much. The jokes were killing me :DThat portrait of Gareth's mum, the line "who threw my painting in the toilet", the unicorn stalker, the cow bit :D It's all cheesy, but great.

I agree, it was so damn catchy. I hope this season has a song that we can favourably compare to that one :)

Timothy Omundson and Vinnie Jones are easily the heart of this series imo :) Whenever they are on screen, you know something good is going to happen. Frankly, I'm more invested in their relationship than that of Galavant and Isabella :) 

I found the unicorn hilarious, as well as the sword.

Gareth and Richard's relationship is much more interetsign and entertaining than Galavant and Isabela's.

Just finished episode three. Holy crap, that was just outstanding. Might be my favourite episode so far. Vinnie Jones and Timothy Omundson just floored me :D

Gareth and Richard's relationship is much more interetsign and entertaining than Galavant and Isabela's.

And that's not about to change anytime soon I imagine :)

EDIT: "I can't imagine any free people voting to send their army into an open-ended conflict in a foreign land. That would be madness. (Direct wink to the camera.)" that was gold :D

"This is going to be so much fun! Oh, and we should probably go; I stole these horses and just set fire to the rec center. Dismantle my castle, will you?

"Not because I was a tyrant and a terrible leader, who hosted baby fights, which I now realize is weird and not that entertaining, even after the addition of the cobra"

"What's guilty?" "When you feel bad about what you've done." "That's not a thing!"

And Galavant continues its hot streak. This episode probably had the best songs since the opening episode (especially the romantic candle light dinner song and Madalena's song). And I really enjoyed all the characterwork. I don't know why, but this show just works for me :D

And Galavant continues its hot streak. This episode probably had the best songs since the opening episode (especially the romantic candle light dinner song and Madalena's song). And I really enjoyed all the characterwork. I don't know why, but this show just works for me :D

Loved the song. Also the setup:

Galavant: "...unless someone comes up with a ridiculous plan to force you together. Apropos of nothing, why don't we all go for dinner tonight. Somewhere... candlelit."

Richard: "So... anywhere?"

Galavant: "Yeah, pretty much anywhere at all."

and payoff:

Richard: "I know what you were up to last night."

Galavant: "Yeah, I guess it was pretty obvious, because I sang it out loud."

It's an extremely simple running gag, but for some reason the fact that people are not only aware that they're living in a musical but are quite ambivalent about the fact never fails to be funny to me.

Loved the song. Also the setup:

Galavant: "...unless someone comes up with a ridiculous plan to force you together. Apropos of nothing, why don't we all go for dinner tonight. Somewhere... candlelit."

Richard: "So... anywhere?"

Galavant: "Yeah, pretty much anywhere at all."

Yeah, that was hilarious :D

It's an extremely simple running gag, but for some reason the fact that people are not only aware that they're living in a musical but are quite ambivalent about the fact never fails to be funny to me.

It's all part of this show's natural charm :) 

I lost it at that Tad Cooper number in the beginning of the episode. I'm wondering how many takes it was before Timothy Omundson made it through without dying of laughter.

The West Side Story take on the Giants v. Dwarves was just as good. Nice little Billy Connolly cameo.

The Forest of Coincidence was favorite part of tonight's second episode.

8 hours ago, Astromech said:

I lost it at that Tad Cooper number in the beginning of the episode. I'm wondering how many takes it was before Timothy Omundson made it through without dying of laughter.

The West Side Story take on the Giants v. Dwarves was just as good. Nice little Billy Connolly cameo.

Only seen the first episode so far. Loved the whole giants vs. Dwarves storyline. And I'm going to bet that Tad Cooper will turn out to be a genuine dragon after all :P I have no idea how they are going to make it appear, but if I were a betting man, I think I'd put a few quid on that option. 

The Isabella storyline was pretty weak this episode though. Didn't really feel like they succeeded on that part. Vinnie Jones choosing who's over bro's was funny though. And I also liked all the direct homages, I was really surprised that they went so all out on the west-side story hommage. Finally, I just have to say that I loved the fact that the giants and the dwarves were all the same height. It's that kind of awesome ideas that makes this show special :) 

9 hours ago, Astromech said:

It was really cheeky of them, wasn't it :D Liked the songs very much, especially Sid's attack on the castle XD And passing the cabbage around was great as well :D

Oh, and something from last episode which I caught on the comments of the AVCLUb:

In case you didn't pause to read everything, some highlights from Wormwood's Evil To Do List:

III. Snub Alan Menken Re: Emmy
VII. Kill Jon Snow?
X. Rely heavily on Nielsen ratings, ignore modern world

Really liked the giants vs. dwarfs, Sid's Les Misérables number and that Galavant and friends had to eat an entire family of hobbits.

I'm also glad to see that Isabella is moving away from the wedding plot.

I agree that Richard's dragon could very well end up being genuine. He is apparently destined to unite the seven realms, and we all know you need dragons to do that.

1 hour ago, Veltigar said:

III. Snub Alan Menken Re: Emmy
VII. Kill Jon Snow?
X. Rely heavily on Nielsen ratings, ignore modern world

What I can make out on the Evil To Do List:

- Buy green poison on sale

- Mind control tiara on Princess Isabella

- Snub Alan Menken RE: Emmy

- Take over Kingdom - PENDING

- Something with spiders

- Identify the One True King to Unite Them All

- Kill Jon Snow?

- Get cool evil haircut

- Ask Wanda for ETA on centerpieces Other plan

- Rely heavily on Nielsen ratings, ignore modern world

After that I can't make out full lines. The next one is something about a "powerful ally in act three", presumably that's subtle foreshadowing.;)

The wedding list isn't quite as funny. There's "NO CHILDREN except the groom", "Sit knights at round tables, NOT square tables", "ATTRACTIVE waitstaff this time, Barry" and "Hire a painter who can really nail those action shots".

Archived