Will you be watching S6 even if it spoils TWOW?

TheOldPenguin

Certainly.. and for those knocking the show... Arya's time at HH was infinitely better on the show than in the books and at least the show didn't waste an inordinate amount of time with Tyrion on the Shy Maid. Not to mention Martin is ridiculously slow... hell, the events in the book could be literally lived faster than he writes them. Better question would be if A Dream of Spring will be read once we know what will happen...

It isn't clear to me how much of Winds will be shown in season 6 anyway. they aren't done with books 4 and 5 yet. We have the whole Ironborn thread and the old town thread to get through.

And even if there is a big reveal, it may be very different in the books. For example, many of us realized that Stannis was going to burn Shireen from the first time she appeared. And it was pretty obvious that he was going to die an ignominious death after his troops had deserted him. But will that happen on page 20 of WoW or page 500?

I am pretty sure that we are getting the Frey Bentos pies plot and the great northern conspiracy in Season 6. But instead of it being parallel to the Stannis attack, it is going to be afterwards.

It is even possible that we see Lady Stoneheart. But I suspect it will be much more obvious that she is a zombie than in the books if she does come back. 

No, I won’t be watching the show, only because I don’t subscribe to HBO. I will be snooping around the internet to find out what is going on.  Seems to me the conclusion of the books is at least 10 years away. If HBO sticks to their plan, maybe I’ll get some kind of ending in 2017. Even that is iffy though.

Archived