Jaime = Aemons

chrisdaw

Tidbit or hard coded foreshadowing, I propose the Aemons of history have connections to Jaime. Some of the connections have not yet happened and thus we get foreshadowing. Contemporary (living or unimportant perhaps is more apt) characters are hard to group in with this, as they may do something yet that mirror Jaime, or are just named after the historic characters. Ann (not necessarily at the start of the name, for example lady Lannister Rohanne) also = Sansa, and Visenya and Viserys = Tyrion but I'm not going to do those here.

Aemon Targaryen, just read the Wiki page if you're not already aware of it, but most people I think are and it's too obvious to need explaining.

Aemon Blackfyre, a younger twin, one of seven brothers (think KG). Fuel for the C&J=A+J debate, this Aemon had two sisters (Cersei & Dany). Possible foreshadowing in his death, by arrows (BR's Raven's Teeth) on the Redgrass field, Jaime hates archers.

So from those two clear instances of parallels I propose the next two also adhere to the pattern and that there is foreshadowing in their lives.

Maester Aemon, member of the Night's Watch, as it is commonly theorised Jaime will be (he will). He was quietly offered the crown, refused because he would serve the realm not rule it. Jaime will do the same, he's committed to the KG. His younger brother was crowned by a Great Council, Jaime's will be likewise.

Aemon son of Jaehaerys, father of the queen who never was, probably foreshadowing Myrcella's fate. Died defending Tarth from pirates, mmmmmm very juicy that, speculate away. Younger brother also crowned by Great Council, a happy coincidence.

Contemporaries and minors.

Aemon Costayne, one of seven singers to sing at Joff's wedding, didn't get to sing because the king died. One of Seven probably a KG reference.

Aemon Steelsong, Mance's son, not much here (yet) unless you go for A+J and he has a secret identity.

Aemon Estermont, I have nothing on this one, I've not looked much into it beyond the wiki and he doesn't seem to have done anything much.

Aemon Rivers, nothing, similar to Estermont.

Archived