Which castle would you live in?

Valens

29 minutes ago, Dorian Martell said:

snow beers = Win 

Plus, if you're into winter sports, like I am, it's all just out the door at Winterfell. Crosscountry skiing, curling, ice-hockey, skating... Downhill skiing a bit further off on the flint hills. And then coming home to your warm, centrally-heated castle (I cannot stress this enough. None of the other castles have any heating except fireplaces. They're made of stone and they're stone cold.) And then to soak in the hot tubs with a horn of good winter ale, aah...

The North is somewhat like Scandinavia, Scotland, Canada... The great outdoors!

I wouldn't mind a holiday in the Watergardens of Dorne, though.

8 minutes ago, talvikorppi said:

Plus, if you're into winter sports, like I am, it's all just out the door at Winterfell. Crosscountry skiing, curling, ice-hockey, skating... Downhill skiing a bit further off on the flint hills. And then coming home to your warm, centrally-heated castle (I cannot stress this enough. None of the other castles have any heating except fireplaces. They're made of stone and they're stone cold.) And then to soak in the hot tubs with a horn of good winter ale, aah...

The North is somewhat like Scandinavia, Scotland, Canada... The great outdoors!

I wouldn't mind a holiday in the Watergardens of Dorne, though.

You had me until "Curling" 

29 minutes ago, Dorian Martell said:

You had me until "Curling" 

C'mon! Curling is brilliant, snooker on ice!

I know it's got a reputation of being a bit of an old man sport but just take a look at the Russian or Scottish babes who competed in the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics.

Have you ever tried curling? I have, it's a lot harder than it looks, and also a lot more fun.

4 hours ago, talvikorppi said:

C'mon! Curling is brilliant, snooker on ice!

I know it's got a reputation of being a bit of an old man sport but just take a look at the Russian or Scottish babes who competed in the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics.

Have you ever tried curling? I have, it's a lot harder than it looks, and also a lot more fun.

For lazy uncoordinated fat person sports I prefer fishing. While there is also copious amounts of beer in Curling, fishing gives you something to eat afterward 

I would like the Twins. Its really just two castles on separate ends of the river with a bridge in the middle that is handy for collecting tolls and extorting people who want to cross (which is what the Freys always do).

I'm kind of a castle freak, so it is difficult for me to pick just one. Anyway, if I have to, I would say the High Tower. Oldtown has a mild climate, it is a lively city and if you are of the bookish kind, then you have the citadel at hand. Of course, I'm assuming that you're either a courtier or a noble. Besides, the High Tower has a classical feeling ot it, and I think is more comfortable than most castles in Westeros, and with a vast library.

Other interesting castles that I've considered:

Griffin's Roost: A small but strong castle, with beautiful lands to hawk and hunt. Probably cold and humid in winter, but a nice summer place.

High Ermitage:Don't know much of the place, but it is apparently remote and strong. A good place if you're feeling reclusive.

The New Castle (White Harbour): A new, comfortable castle, in a prosperous town, not far to Braavos by sea.

Ten Towers (Harlaw): One of the best libraries in Westeros, probably.

Marcher castles: I have I liking for the area. Either Nightsong or Blackhaven sound like great castles.

Wickenden: I like the name. It sounds interesting.

Skyreach: Probably one of the best dornish castles. And with the Fowler twins inside.

Plus, some castles that I don't like:

The Red Keep. Well, I do like it. But I won't live there. Gargantuan, imposing, almost frightening. And you have to smell KL every morning.

Pyke: Cold and uncomfortable.

Highgarden: Too much versaillesque to me. I can't bear with so many courty chores.

The Dreadfort: For obvious reason. It is a creepy place.

Casterly Rock/Castamere: No a fan of stone-carved places

Archived