Season 6 soundtrack - potential finale spoilers!

There's a bonus song on the season 6 soundtrack called The Tower. It's not the battle song that was played during the Tower of Joy scene in episode 3, but a soft and sad version of the Stark theme, with an epic buildup at the end. I think it's safe to say this confirms we're getting the rest of the Tower of Joy flashback in the finale, and the swell at the end makes me pretty sure it'll confirm R+L=J, too.

The Hear me Roar theme would seem to be another spoiler. At first I thought it was going to be that theme they've been playing around Jaime a lot of the season, but it was something we haven't heard yet. Like most Lannister themes it has a bit of the Rains of Castamere worked into it, but it really conveys a sense of madness as the music builds up. I can't imagine that being anything other than Cersei playing with Wildfire.

4 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

The Hear me Roar theme would seem to be another spoiler. At first I thought it was going to be that theme they've been playing around Jaime a lot of the season, but it was something we haven't heard yet. Like most Lannister themes it has a bit of the Rains of Castamere worked into it, but it really conveys a sense of madness as the music builds up. I can't imagine that being anything other than Cersei playing with Wildfire.

I thought so too, but wasn't sure if we'd heard it yet or not. Listening to it again, I just noticed that the strings around 1:10 are pretty similar to the piano melody and the strings at 5:25 of Light of the Seven, which also suggests Hear Me Roar is for the burning of the Great Sept scene.

Archived