Paying it forward

Arkhangel

I gave my tow truck driver a full punch card for a free bottle of E-cig juice today.  He still smokes real cigarettes, but was genuinely curious about my e-cig set up, and I'd spent a good part of my ride home breaking down the dos and don'ts for a successful switch.  

I don't get my juice from that particular place any more, but they do have several locations, a knowledgable staff, and a good selection of juice and quality gear.  So not much of a loss for me, really, but maybe it will get my driver in the door for that free bottle. 

On 8/6/2016 at 1:14 PM, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I've used my Metrocard to swipe people through the turnstiles on the Subway. I don't even wait for the person to thank me. One time though a person actually tracked me down on the train and insisted I take the money for the fare and I felt so dirty taking. 

Telling the people who offer you the money that the best way to pay you is to pay it forward is the key to get rid of them.

DireWilfSpirit made me remember camping in the middle of nowhere. I'm not gonna say it's a pay it forward thing, but among backpackers the camaradery usually found is really amazing. You help and get helped because we all have been in shitty situations.

Archived