What One Thing Would Make You Stop Watching The Show?

AEJON TARGARYEN

One thing to remember is that a lot of us follow pages and forums (such as this one) that focus not only on ASOIAF but also on GOT. So while it might seem odd that we keep watching the show even when we don't care for it, the truth is that if we don't we're still going to hear all about the show anyway. It's easier to just watch it yourself than to listen to it being discussed in bits and pieces for the next year. 

1 hour ago, snow is the man said:

I just didn't think they would go through with it. Burning her alive seemed a bit rough even for hbo to do. Although I believe it was trying to show how desperate stannis had gotten and how much mel had gotten in his head.

Agreed.  it was appalling no matter what, but it was also poorly done, in my opinion.

My memory is that Stannis' shift in position is VERY abrupt.   In once scene, Mel suggests it to him, he is appalled, says something like "Are you mad??" and then tells her to leave him.  Then, VERY shortly thereafter...he's on board with the plan, and actually DOES it.

Also, of course, it's radically contrary to SO much information we were given in the build-up to it, when Stannis is telling her how much he loves her, and how he risked his own life (and the lives of many other people) trying to find a cure for her greyscale.  Then, poof, just like that, next thing you know he's sacrificing her, burning her alive, cuz Mel told him to do so.

I have a strong impression that Season 5 is most people's least favorite season (including me), and this is one of two reasons why (the other being the horrendous things they did with Sansa, shoehorning her into Jeyne Poole's stotyline)

Archived