Criston Cole vs Arthur Dayne

goomba

Arthur Dayne is probably the best swordsman who ever walked on Westeros. Or one of the best, that's for sure.

Criston Cole is also top tier, but just not as unique as Dayne is. Still, he could actually beat him. Duels are not maths, there are many different factors at play and Cole could make things quite difficult for Dayne.

8 hours ago, goomba said:

but that alone seemed to have been enough to propel him past Barristan Selmy, who was a living legend.

I don't think that propelled him past Barristan, you are over-exaggerating. The Kingswood Brotherhood was not a big deal, they were a Nuisance that anybody could do if given time. Robert Baratheon could defeat the smiling knight no questions asked. 

Barristan Selmy single-handedly killed the last blackfyre something a lot of people couldn't do. I don't see the big deal about defeating the smiling knight. The only thing to be taken note of is that Arthur allowed the smiling knight to grab another sword when his broke which proves nothing other than that Arthur was an extremely honorable dude.  

Dayne is one of the "best ever" swordsman with the likes of barry, daemon bf, and jaime...he wins against a great morningstar user knight like Cole in a great duel imo

There's no comparison between Cole and prime Robert though... Bob was a genetic machine with "legendary warhammer prowess" (grrm words)... a weapon superior to any sword in armoured duels... not to mention he would destroy cole or arthur in h2h aswell

19 hours ago, Ingelheim said:

Arthur Dayne is probably the best swordsman who ever walked on Westeros. Or one of the best, that's for sure.

Criston Cole is also top tier, but just not as unique as Dayne is. Still, he could actually beat him. Duels are not maths, there are many different factors at play and Cole could make things quite difficult for Dayne.

Agreed, add in Cole's skill of disarming a feared warrior such as Daemon who had a special sword, what if he could do the same to Dayne who had the most special sword of all? Anything can happen!

18 hours ago, Rickon Stark The Aulë said:

I don't think that propelled him past Barristan, you are over-exaggerating. The Kingswood Brotherhood was not a big deal, they were a Nuisance that anybody could do if given time. Robert Baratheon could defeat the smiling knight no questions asked. 

Barristan Selmy single-handedly killed the last blackfyre something a lot of people couldn't do. I don't see the big deal about defeating the smiling knight. The only thing to be taken note of is that Arthur allowed the smiling knight to grab another sword when his broke which proves nothing other than that Arthur was an extremely honorable dude.  

I agree that Selmy's accomplishments are greater than Dayne's and by alot, but pretty much everyone and they mamma spoke highly of Dayne, especially as a swordsmen.

Even Selmy himself implies that Arthur Dayne was indeed the man!

And you have to wonder as to why when Gerold Hightower got injured that it was Dayne who was chosen to lead the Kingsguard, and not Selmy.

He became captain of the kingsguard before Selmy, that says alot imo!

Archived