Jon and Jorah

Samwell_Tarly

27 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Lightbringer has to be valyrian steel if its actually a sword, I personally think there is a plausible theory that lightbringer is actually the process of making valyrian steel. We start venturing into the world of Dragonsteel and is it the same as Valyrian steel.

It will be sam who finds out how to make it.

Lightbringer predates the valyrians, so , no. Sam could very well be the person that rediscovers how to make it, but I highly doubt he will instantly become a master blacksmith, more like he pass's the information on to Gendry. 

3 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Lightbringer predates the valyrians, so , no. Sam could very well be the person that rediscovers how to make it, but I highly doubt he will instantly become a master blacksmith, more like he pass's the information on to Gendry. 

Lightbringer was the first Valyrian steel sword know to Westeros. Im making the assumption Valyrian steel is dragon steel too. So what we know as valyrian steel may well have been dragon steel them 8000 years ago.

9 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Lightbringer was the first Valyrian steel sword know to Westeros. Im making the assumption Valyrian steel is dragon steel too. So what we know as valyrian steel may well have been dragon steel them 8000 years ago.

just because you say it doesn't make it true. Lightbringer was not a valyrian steel sword, and the fact you think all valyrian steel blades must be forged this way is a little of the wall, don;t you think?

6 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

just because you say it doesn't make it true. Lightbringer was not a valyrian steel sword, and the fact you think all valyrian steel blades must be forged this way is a little of the wall, don;t you think?

So if lightbringer was not a valyrian sword was it?

/making all valyrian swords in what ? I have not mentioned anything about forging valyrian steel?? 

9 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

So if lightbringer was not a valyrian sword was it?

/making all valyrian swords in what ? I have not mentioned anything about forging valyrian steel?? 

Lightbringer was forged and worked for 100 days in extreme heat, then tempered by running it through the heart of Azor Ahai's wife, Nissa Nissa, aka a blood sacrifice. It predates Valyaria by a few thousand years. I don't see Sam stumbling upon this as being helpful, unless you think the show is suddenly going to start killing of loved one by the boat load, not to mention time is at a premium.

I think the explanation, at least on the show, will turn out to be something far simpler, and that valyrian steel is somehow an alloy with dragonglass. 

At any rate I think we will find out relatively soon, as I expect Sam to discover the secret in the scrolls he was just entailed to copy. 

8 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Lightbringer was forged and worked for 100 days in extreme heat, then tempered by running it through the heart of Azor Ahai's wife, Nissa Nissa, aka a blood sacrifice. It predates Valyaria by a few thousand years. I don't see Sam stumbling upon this as being helpful, unless you think the show is suddenly going to start killing of loved one by the boat load, not to mention time is at a premium.

I think the explanation, at least on the show, will turn out to be something far simpler, and that valyrian steel is somehow an alloy with dragonglass. 

At any rate I think we will find out relatively soon, as I expect Sam to discover the secret in the scrolls he was just entailed to copy. 

I understand and know how Lightbringer was made, it  seems to me that dragonglass was first used to make dragonsteel which subsequently became later know as valyrian steel as more than like the Valyrians took credit for this. So what am i saying is lightbringer is forged in very similar way, but like some bastard brother of dragonsteel. The creation of Dragonsteel let whoever Azor Ahai was end the Long Night and save humanity. Its would be stupid to think they are going start killing loved ones off but I definitely Theorise that Melisandre will be used as the blood sacrifice to create lightbringer.

1 hour ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

I understand and know how Lightbringer was made, it  seems to me that dragonglass was first used to make dragonsteel which subsequently became later know as valyrian steel as more than like the Valyrians took credit for this. So what am i saying is lightbringer is forged in very similar way, but like some bastard brother of dragonsteel. The creation of Dragonsteel let whoever Azor Ahai was end the Long Night and save humanity. Its would be stupid to think they are going start killing loved ones off but I definitely Theorise that Melisandre will be used as the blood sacrifice to create lightbringer.

Nah, Melisandre is going to bring over an army of stone men to help fight the WW's............ :) 

I thought the blood sacrifice had to be a loved one, so not sure who loves Melisandre right now?

1 minute ago, Error-504 said:

Nah, Melisandre is going to bring over an army of stone men to help fight the WW's............ :) 

I thought the blood sacrifice had to be a loved one, so not sure who loves Melisandre right now?

Let me guess Jorah will be leading them as their inspiration and role model......:P

It doesnt specifically say in the passage it has to be someone you love, see below

''This time, he called for his wife, Nissa Nissa, and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her living heart, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer.''

If we do assume it has to be someone you love, then this limits to a few potential characters well only two characters if we believe a Lightbringer is a sword an Azor Ahai is a person.

5 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Let me guess Jorah will be leading them as their inspiration and role model......:P

It doesnt specifically say in the passage it has to be someone you love, see below

''This time, he called for his wife, Nissa Nissa, and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her living heart, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer.''

If we do assume it has to be someone you love, then this limits to a few potential characters well only two characters if we believe a Lightbringer is a sword an Azor Ahai is a person.

Well, blood sacrifices always seem to have had some condition, and could not be just anyone. For Melisandra, the sacrifice had to have royal blood. 

4 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Well, blood sacrifices always seem to have had some condition, and could not be just anyone. For Melisandra, the sacrifice had to have royal blood. 

Maybe blood of old valyria, the only other option would Daenerys as a sacrafice or one of the dragons.

On 2017-7-30 at 9:33 PM, Error-504 said:

Not sure that is entirely true, Lightbringer was a sword used against the WW's that was not valyrian steel. 

An interesting note, with Gendry soon back in the picture, and a blacksmith, and at Dragonstone, I wonder if he re-discovers how to make valyarian steel. My guess is it has some dragonglass mixed in the steel, and forged at a very high temperature. 

If Jon is TPtwP; I guess that in some moment we would get to see Lightbringer, but that one is a magic sword too,  it has some kind of blood magic involved in the forging, given that some kind of sacrifice is necessary. I don’t think that’s the case of Dawn.

Now that you mention Lighbringer, and thinking about the legend of Nissa Nissa, it comes to my mind that Jon as the PtwP is somehow ironic, given that he himself "took a blade in his heart", as so grafically Ser Davos worded it.

I like your idea about Sam rediscovering the method to produce Valyrian Steel. A combination of steel and dragonglass at high temperatures seems good, maybe even steel covered with an outer dragonglass film. But dragonglass would only melt at  temperatures as high as they are inside the earth.  Possibly  reachable outside the earth only by dragonfire? We know dragonfire can melt the stone, hence Harrenhal.

Lightbringer is surly one of a kind, not a type of sword such as valyrian steel, otherwise they could make enough for an army. It could be like frodos sting in lotr as it shines when orcs are near. Lightbringer may shine when WW are near. We have not seen any shining swords but as far as we know Dawn has not been near any WW. Of all the swords mentioned its the only one old enough, however it has no connection with targaryen or stark. The reason stannis sword was suppose to be lightbringer is because it shone. Does beric's one burst into flame so maybe something there.

Jon probably won't be giving Longclaw back to Jorah. It was never mentioned when he first met Lyanna Mormont, and has never been brought up since, so I'm guessing Longclaw is permanately Jon's now, at least in the show. 

Also, I think Longclaw is the iconic sword of Jon Snow. They wouldn't just swap out one of the most significant symbols/icons in the entire show in the last season, I don't think.

6 hours ago, MalicerB said:

Jon probably won't be giving Longclaw back to Jorah. It was never mentioned when he first met Lyanna Mormont, and has never been brought up since, so I'm guessing Longclaw is permanately Jon's now, at least in the show. 

Also, I think Longclaw is the iconic sword of Jon Snow. They wouldn't just swap out one of the most significant symbols/icons in the entire show in the last season, I don't think.

Not sure why it has not been brought up to Lyanna Mormont to be honest. I think Jon will try give him it back but he wont accept as he is not worthy of carrying the family sword as he brough dishonour.

8 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Not sure why it has not been brought up to Lyanna Mormont to be honest. I think Jon will try give him it back but he wont accept as he is not worthy of carrying the family sword as he brough dishonour.

Using the spoilers is one thing, but please wrap them in spoiler tags and don't present them as your own personal "predictions". 

Archived