How is Edric Storm being looked after?

Canon Claude

2 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Varys knows, that blood and fire magic is real. He knows, that dragonseed's blood does have power. Edric has 12,5% of dragon blood, thru his great grandmother Rhaelle Targaryen. Melisandre was going to sacrifice Edric to achieve Stannis' goals. So by stealing Edric from Dragonstone, Varys/Illyrio simultaneously prevented Melisandre from making that sacrifice, and also now they can give Edric's blood or his life to R'hllor, and get from that what they want. But even if they themselves don't intend to use him as a sacrifice, preventing Melisandre from doing that, is still beneficial for them.

:agree:Add to that the fact that Varys was the one looking after all of Roberts Bastards, and the one who smuggled Gendry out of kings landing. So we may not know what he wants these boys, but he was interested in them after Robert died and willing to invest in saving at least one of them so why not now too.

51 minutes ago, Therae said:

I had the impression that Davos' thought meant that he figured Edric & Co. would have gotten as far as the Stepstones on their journey to Lys by then. :)

Your impression may be correct. I'll bring forth Davos' quote again.

A Dance with Dragons - Davos II      Some nights he thought he had been left to rescue Edric Storm … but by now King Robert's bastard boy was safe in the Stepstones, yet Davos still remained. Do the gods have some other task for me? he wondered./

As of the end of DwW Davos' thought was the kid should have arrived safely at Stepstones.    Edric  may or may not have traveled on from Stepstones to Lys.

There is potential for all sort of speculation. :drool:

Davos sent the kid on the journey in book three. Davos' thought occurred in book five.

23 hours ago, Azarial said:

:agree:Add to that the fact that Varys was the one looking after all of Roberts Bastards, and the one who smuggled Gendry out of kings landing. So we may not know what he wants these boys, but he was interested in them after Robert died and willing to invest in saving at least one of them so why not now too.

I doubt Varys had anything to do with Edric's escape but he could find him useful now that he is in Essos.  I still don't know why he specifically saved Gendry.  That makes no sense. 

11 minutes ago, goldenmaps said:

I doubt Varys had anything to do with Edric's escape but he could find him useful now that he is in Essos.  I still don't know why he specifically saved Gendry.  That makes no sense. 

Oh, I'm not saying he had anything to do with the escape either. That was all Davos. But Saan was around and had Illyrio's ship. So maybe they know each other and are working together. Why else stick with Stannis for so long with no pay, only to abandon him in the middle of no where just before the Golden Company arrives? Getting a nice new ship with a full hold just before he abandons Stannis, the timing is enough to make me wonder. And he would be the perfect spy as he's around lots of Stannis's men and knows Davos, but since he's not from Westerose no one would suspect him of it. Or it could be coincidence :) As for their use, kings blood? A backup incase the Targaryens fail? Not sure.

Archived