Audio book - A Feast For Crows

Chantarelle

Hi all, 

This is my first time commenting here, although I've found this site to be a great source of information in the past, so I thought I'd start here with asking for help.

I recently borrowed the Feast For Crows audiobook from my library, and found that at Chapter 24 it suddenly jumps a few chapters, and then is the end of the story! It does come back again, and from Chapter 26 to the end, it seems ok, but Chapters 24 and 25 are missing. I borrowed a different copy from a different library - and same thing. Can anyone else advise if they've come across this problem, and the best way to resolve it? 

They're the books read by Roy Dotrice.

Thanks!

Sue

Hi there! 

I have all audiobooks. And Feast I have two, one by John Lee (I think?) and then when they later released the Dotrice one I bought it too. I adore Dotrice, so I had to have it. Both are old, and both are perfect. I have never seen the issue you are describing, and I know a lot of people who have them as well, but no one has ever brought up this issue before. :dunno:

Welcome @Chantarelle

I have all of the audiobooks for ASOIAF and I can’t say that I’ve ever had this problem. I also have several other audiobooks and haven’t had this issue. I do get my audiobooks through the site Audible. The only quality issue I’ve had is one book (not ASOAIF related) was recorded in such poor quality that I couldn’t actually hear most of it. I returned it to them no problem.  

I hope you find a good solution :)

I've never had that problem myself. Which version do you have? I know there have been two, and I didn't encounter that problem whilst listening to Roy Dotrice's version. 

I don't know how but I feel like it has to be something to do with your library. There is no way that an audiobook with two chapters missing would be allowed to be sold, plus I feel like I would've heard of a problem of that magnitude before, which I haven't. 

I’ll admit that I was hoping that someone else had come across this, because I agree it seems a massive fail that this should be allowed to happen. But like I said, it was two different CDs from two different libraries with the same issue. I’m not sure how the library could be at fault anyway as they can’t change a disk after they’ve bought it.

I’m happy to upload a wma file so that people can hear what I’m talking about if that’s allowed?

How many different versions would there be read by Roy Dotrice? How can I know if my version is different from the one that you guys are talking about?

Thanks again!

3 hours ago, Chantarelle said:

I’ll admit that I was hoping that someone else had come across this, because I agree it seems a massive fail that this should be allowed to happen. But like I said, it was two different CDs from two different libraries with the same issue. I’m not sure how the library could be at fault anyway as they can’t change a disk after they’ve bought it.

I’m happy to upload a wma file so that people can hear what I’m talking about if that’s allowed?

How many different versions would there be read by Roy Dotrice? How can I know if my version is different from the one that you guys are talking about?

Thanks again!

I agree, it's really odd that not one but two library copies have the same issue. And I wouldn't think audiobooks get several editions, unless there's a major issue. Could it be that the two "copies" you tried were the very first "editions", and b/c of this issue they made another one? I honestly don't understand it. 

Archived