Jojen Reed Observation

A Time for Starks

I was re-watching the whole series again.  And I noticed something about Jojen that I hadn’t previously noticed.  Jojen’s seizures are very similar in nature to the seizure young Hodor has when Bran enters his mind from the future.  Anyone else notice this?  I wonder if this means that each time Jojen has a seizure, Bran is entering his mind from the future.  If so, what could be the reason?  I don’t know if we’ll ever know for sure since I doubt they plan to revisit any of Jojen’s story in the final season.  Thoughts?

I mean, it could be. It's as valid as any other explanation. Given the seizures were the root of his visions, and Bran has access to that knowledge now, it is possible that he was telegraphing information back to Jojen in the past. Unfortunately, we don't really have enough examples in the show to make a direct correlation and Jojen does have seizures that give him the in the books. The closest we get in the books is...

Spoiler

Varamyr trying to skinchange into Thistle.

As you say, I doubt we'll ever get confirmation of the source of Jojen's seizures in the show now but given he and Hodor are the only examples we have on-screen are him and "hold the door", and we know Bran does have the ability to affect the past, I'd say this is a reasonable summation.

Archived